Rims approved for VIP

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Haitian_King wrote:So what's the difference between a kouki S14 and an S15?
See if I post pics for you again . . .

WidebodyZ
Car: X300 LWB Vanden Plas / W203 C240 Luxury Sedan

UHM...wtf Silvia? I thought this was VIP???? Can you guys take that side talk elsewhere? Hahaha...

Kalypso

Haitian_King
Car: 1992 Black Infiniti Q45 /w TCS
1995 Black Infiniti Q45

jltibbs wrote:
See if I post pics for you again . . .
Lol. Sorry. I didn't look closely.

Yeah. I prefer the Kouki S14.
WidebodyZ wrote:UHM...wtf Silvia? I thought this was VIP???? Can you guys take that side talk elsewhere? Hahaha...
Come on. I'm a hardcore Q guy considering a Silvia (as a second car). That's news.

BippuBoss

I think the Vienna Dish or Dish II wheels are the sweetest ones that everyone was looking at IMO. SSR = Vienna they just have two different names cuz Vienna is the luxury wheel.

The Dish comes in 20 inch sizing so it's always nice to know I can go big.

it's just a super clean wheel IMO

Kalypso

yeah, those are nice

q454uall
Car: 1998 infiniti q45

THE DEEPER THE BETTER!!

Kalypso

or if you get some work's that are not deep...

take these

and this

here is the link http://www.kodiakracingwheels....t.pdf

and make

especially if you get some 3 pieces for cheap, and dont want to be stuck with no lip
Modified by Kalypso123 at 12:11 AM 7/12/2008

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

q454uall wrote:THE DEEPER THE BETTER!!
Just kidding. Deep dish is sweet.

Kalypso

not always, but enough lip is important

Damicci
Car: 1994 Q45/President

So is wheel design.

Depending on the car I like seeing SP1's or Workmeisters on VIP cars. Equips is also another favorite for a sport designed wheel on VIP platforms.

Vienna's are basically DH's with slightly different design. But that design i slike having Generic Konigs in Japan. I was shocked when I went last how many cars have that style wheel on them. Just random cars and some nice ones too.

That Enjuku car is not a S15 but a S13 with S15 front end.

This is an S15:

Kalypso

when you say that style wheel, do you mean the ssr vienna style?the flat face without large openings?

its a cleaner look
Modified by Kalypso123 at 8:00 PM 7/16/2008

Damicci
Car: 1994 Q45/President

The SSR Vienna Dish I/II and the Work Euroline DH's there alot of copy cat wheels of that design in Japan.

WidebodyZ

That was an S15 with terrible fitting wheels..hahaha..this is an S15 done right:

Now to get this back on topic..

Modified by WidebodyZ at 9:32 AM 7/18/2008

WidebodyZ

Moar..of course these are style wagon pics..but still, you get the idea.

Modified by WidebodyZ at 9:33 AM 7/18/2008

Kalypso

Damicci wrote:The SSR Vienna Dish I/II and the Work Euroline DH's there alot of copy cat wheels of that design in Japan.
- interesting... i need to take a trip over there, ive never seen a skyline or an s15 in person.

- that white lexus is fierce.

- I dont know the name of these wheels.

WidebodyZ

^^Junction Produce Scara^^

Kalypso

NOT VIP but they look so stunning

adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

WidebodyZ wrote:That was an S15 with terrible fitting wheels..hahaha..this is an S15 done right:
Rua-welt... nice, but still doesnt meet VIP wheel fitment standards =PNo stretch, no camber... no care

WidebodyZ

adrians_s13 wrote:Rua-welt... nice, but still doesnt meet VIP wheel fitment standards =PNo stretch, no camber... no care
Stretched tires does not equal vip. We only stretch tires enough to fit the wheels the way we want them. Camber...same story (it's personal preference, hell even flushness is second fiddle these days, it's all about how low you can go and still roll lately)...so go ahead and don't care, but you might want to..because you're behind the times. And..an S15 will never be vip..and the one you posted doesn't say vip to me at all. It just says aggressive fitting wheels on a drift car...which to me is standard...well, minus the ****ty traction that car would have...yes I went there.

And people stop using the word "Beepoo" it doesn't exist...period. If you want to be correct or you think you're trying to be "jay dee em", then call it "vip" as in sounds like whip. Then you'd be correct and not sound like a fool to the Japanese. Thank you.

adrianfromthecastle

^^ LOL

I just knew someone was gonna say something about my statement. Yeah.. I know stretched tires aren't necessarily "standard" per se... but how else are you gonna fit super low offset wheels on stock fenders without that and camber? Most of the vip cars I see today choose to rock the lowest offsets available.. and can only do so with stretch and camber.

And camber only comes with the slam.

I was merely posting the s15 because of the thread-jack
WidebodyZ wrote:well, minus the ****ty traction that car would have...yes I went there.

WidebodyZ

adrians_s13 wrote:^^ LOL

I just knew someone was gonna say something about my statement. Yeah.. I know stretched tires aren't necessarily "standard" per se... but how else are you gonna fit super low offset wheels on stock fenders without that and camber? Most of the vip cars I see today choose to rock the lowest offsets available.. and can only do so with stretch and camber.

And camber only comes with the slam.
Haha, well..most of us do fender modification so we don't have to have as extreme camber. So your thinking is still a bit off, but I think you're on the right track. As far as the cars you've seen, that is what the style mainly was a few years ago, although some still currently like that style (myself included), but in Japan there are more and more guys going with less aggressive wheels so they can lay frame...but their fitment laying frame is in mm's from the fender. So it's not like gay offset wheels, just not as aggressive so they can slip the wheels and tires entirely under the fenders for the dump. My style is about how low I can go and still roll, but still have flushness. So I am radiusing my fenders in the rear to achieve this. Radiusing is raising the fender arch in order to gain more usable suspension geometry space since my rear fenders are lower than the fronts. This will allow me to roll flush front and rear and not have a weak stance in the front due to the low rear fender arch.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

unknown007 wrote:Also found some good SSR rims any good?
Nah, way too light and strong! Must have something really heavy and not forged to maximize unsprung wieght and compromised safety, ride and performance! Very low offset less than +15MM so your fenders will have to be altered. At least 22" so tire load capacity will be insufficient for even a radio flyer wagon. Tires of course should be streteched at least 2 inches for true Performance Impairment!

Remember, if a wheel is actually used in organized racing (where the cars try to actually go fast - not like drifting!), it is way too functional for Very Impaired Performance! Poseur wheels only are acceptable! Rivets are best! Especially fake ones! All weight, no function!

adrianfromthecastle

maxnix wrote:Nah, way too light and strong! Must have something really heavy and not forged to maximize unsprung wieght and compromised safety, ride and performance! Very low offset less than +15MM so your fenders will have to be altered. At least 22" so tire load capacity will be insufficient for even a radio flyer wagon. Tires of course should be streteched at least 2 inches for true Performance Impairment!

Remember, if a wheel is actually used in organized racing (where the cars try to actually go fast - not like drifting!), it is way too functional for Very Impaired Performance! Poseur wheels only are acceptable! Rivets are best! Especially fake ones! All weight, no function!
aka

Haitian_King
Car: 1992 Black Infiniti Q45 /w TCS
1995 Black Infiniti Q45

maxnix wrote:Nah, way too light and strong! Must have something really heavy and not forged to maximize unsprung wieght and compromised safety, ride and performance! Very low offset less than +15MM so your fenders will have to be altered. At least 22" so tire load capacity will be insufficient for even a radio flyer wagon. Tires of course should be streteched at least 2 inches for true Performance Impairment!

We get it. You think the VIP culture is silly. Different strokes for different folks. However, for you to come into a section of NICO devoted to what you abhor is just weird. How boring did it get in the other sections? Did you run out of new owners to berate?

BLACKonBLACK98
Car: Q45, LS400, STS-V

you sounded rude in the q45 forum but in here you just sound stupid. 99% of wheels in vip are forged and 98% are multipiece. works, ssr, bbs, etc. ("real performance wheels") are very popular. next to no one rides 22s and 20+ has just came into the picture for the most part.

go be a d**k in your section and don't bother going out of your way to be a d**k over here.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

We understand that you are not open minded. Get over yourself and please refrain from making pointless posts. If you have nothing valuable to add, especially here, then please do not post it. This is the last time I will ask this.

Kalypso

WidebodyZ wrote:My style is about how low I can go and still roll, but still have flushness. So I am radiusing my fenders in the rear to achieve this. Radiusing is raising the fender arch in order to gain more usable suspension geometry space since my rear fenders are lower than the fronts. This will allow me to roll flush front and rear and not have a weak stance in the front due to the low rear fender arch.
can you describe this with pics and more detail?

Kalypso

slow at first, but its worthwhile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziJbVdWTRww

WidebodyZ

Kalypso123 wrote:can you describe this with pics and more detail?
Note how low the cars are, but how flush they are and the wheels are not sunk in? These fenders have been radiused...and as you can see, yes, they roll at this height...

Get it??

Return to “VIP Forum”