Rims approved for VIP

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
Kalypso

its nice REC.

but honestly it has a lot more potentialI think the body kit: front and rear bumper are over styled.and the wheels could be more baller.

this is what I mean

back to business

WORK EUROLINE DH, only because they should be here.

rbsileighty
Car: 92 S13 Hatch w/ RB20 & 05 Audi S4 Avant 6MT

This kind of reminds me of how the fronts looked when I put my S13's wheels on my old S2000 for fun (not a fan of that much "poke")

However... this one is perfect (with a bit more rear camber... but that's just being really picky )!

PANCAKES1
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45T

Yea it's too badd he couldn't get those to fit.......I'm not a fan of that much poke either but when you slam/lower it, it's cherry!

BTW- Mine pokes out alot if I raise the car but when lowerd you get this!

Ahhhhhh...... the joys of camber!

I wish the new owner of that white Q would ride that low

That's my homies old car

rbsileighty

Yours isn't bad at all... it's just bad when it's obvious that the top is not under the fender at first glance in my opinion

Agreed, camber is your friend (to a degree for performance and almost always for looks)... those are 9.5 +22's on the rear of the S2k... would have fit with a minor pull and a bit more camber, but that car looks odd cambered much more than 2.5 which is about where it was in that pic

HOWEVER... on a real VIP car it looks PERFECT as your picture above clearly shows
Modified by rbsileighty at 4:54 PM 8/7/2008

PANCAKES1

Agreed! And thanks!

That's why alot of us preach to lower your car first instead of buyin rims, so your not DONKing it out........

But them wheels on that brown Q were pretty aggressive!it was like a -20/30 offsets on a (10/11 I think)

The poke was like more than a inch when DUMPED!!!!!

rbsileighty

Welcome, and... Exactly!

Regardless... aftermarket wheels look dumb on non-lowered cars regardless of size...

Jebus... -20/30 on a 10/11??? You'd need to go widebody to make that look right on almost anything!!!

Just be glad Nissan didn't shaft us like Honda did the S2k... stuffed with acceptable camber is 9-9.5" +45

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I am LOVING all the Y33's I'm seeing!!!

On a side note, the "faux lip" effect can also be achieved by having the spokes curve back around the hub, giving the impression of a lower offset wheel...

Bottom line is, it's obvious and icky.

Kalypso

I love the bulge... it looks hoss, especially if the round edge of the tire flows with the fender.

REC
Car: 90 Q45 (100shot Nos - Nico Stage 3 Ecu)

What do you guys think of this TSW wheel?

PANCAKES1

TSW in the VIP community are very looked down on!

They're jus too cheesy/cheap looking

jus like sportmax rims or any other rim you may see on many wheel websites

REC

PANCAKES! wrote:TSW in the VIP community are very looked down on!

They're jus too cheesy/cheap looking

jus like sportmax rims or any other rim you may see on many wheel websites
I wouldn't compare TSW's to sportmax ever. TSW's are a very popular choice in the luxury car community but maybe not in the Japanese VIP community where if your wheels didn't cost 4k there basically ****. Either way I've seen these on a S500 in 20x10 and they look incredible.

PANCAKES1

I here what your saying but compared to the rest of the wheels on Japanese VIP cars, TSW are pretty cheap and are the same as Sportmax

I mean you can jus tell the difference in quality

but damn if you think that S500 was dope w/ TSW?! Then man some more VIP styled rims would probably BLOW YOU MINE!!!!!!!!

But I always try to preach that it's you car so if you like it then koo......

I'm jus letting you know that TSW are looked down on as cheap wheels, like sportmax, maybe a little step up from them but not much

Kalypso

pancakes is right

tsw will never be a top teir wheel.most of the wheels you posted are mi-budget 240sx and 300zx wheels.

VIP is a lot more baller.

Kalypso

work ls 406

TBrack
Car: none

yo pancakes, I forget are those 20s you have on?

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

TSW = Ballin on a budget. - Nappy Roots

PANCAKES1

lasoyafan wrote:yo pancakes, I forget are those 20s you have on?
Yea, 20s.......

I wouldn't call TSW ballin on a budget at all!

IMO- Works, AMEs, etc are ballin on a budget and Leons Hardirtt, WEDS, Etc. are straight ballin

Kalypso

^ , But i still would be honored to own a set of work wheels.

WORK LS 207

PANCAKES1

I agree! Some of the older discontinued work wheels are forever classics!

Getting back on topic:

Black Work Equips are one of my top 3 favorite wheels of all time!

Top 2 favorite when it's on a black car!!!!!

I wouldn't mind having a pair of these sometime:

Modified by PANCAKES! at 4:23 PM 8/8/2008

rbsileighty

PANCAKES! wrote:but damn if you think that S500 was dope w/ TSW?! Then man some more VIP styled rims would probably BLOW YOU MINE!!!!!!!!
Agreed... TSW doesn't belong on a MB (key point... you're not on a budget if your modding a MB)... much less VIP

360 Forged however
Modified by rbsileighty at 9:26 AM 8/11/2008

PANCAKES1

That is nice but believe it or not, that would not be considered VIPstyled nor would those wheels! That would fall under the catergory of luxury/Euro/ maybe a little dubb and yes it's got the luxury part and the drop but wheels and a drop don't make a car VIP!

Now here's were the line has been drawn of recent and folks go back and forth debating....

THe debate is where do the newer lines of luxury cars fall when it comes to VIP?

Because technically a LS460 is a VIP platform but not a Merc. S550, etc.I think some of it has to do w/ the fact that the LS and others are JApanese flagships and Merc. would be considered Luxury,/Euros

There's no real set rules to VIP and no one person who can say this or that is VIP (There's no VIP bible), but you can't jus call somethin a VIP car, there's a line there and I think that's where here in the US that line will be crossed because people are gonna take cars like the S550s and what not and mold them into there version of a VIP car and w/ no one to have a real voice whether it is or isn't VIP, that's where VIP will stray from it's true form/culture/history

But it is confusing because from what I know VIP started w/ the old merc. S500 (W140) and older but now in Japan, merc. are looked at as a true VIP platform...

Never the less here would be a good example of a "VIPstyle" Merc. (and this aint a good example because it's a 2 door)

Found some four doors

Here would be my VIP styled version of those 360 wheels, IMO

As for the budget thang, 80% of the folks here in the states that are building VIPstyled cars are not ballin by no means at all! I'm in that low 80%

JUST GIVING MY 2 CENTS!!!!!!!!

Modified by PANCAKES! at 4:34 PM 8/8/2008
Modified by PANCAKES! at 4:35 PM 8/8/2008

rbsileighty

I'd tend to agree with you... but if you want my full and honest opinion... if the chassis isn't Japanese then it's not "VIP" (even if Junction Produce makes kits etc like your pictures above)

...so a MB or BMW etc will never be VIP to me... well... b/c really you end up more DTM Glam than VIP as the pic below is an example of the further push of the "VIP/DTM Glam vague line"

I'm still toying with the idea if I want to go DTM or VIP... either way mine will be more sport than true VIP which makes the DTM look easier (E60 6MT w/ sport pkg aero + KW Coilovers and 20" TE37's w/ polished lip )

As for the Y33... I'm thinking some form of aero, Recaro CS front seats, reupholstered int to match, JIC coilovers and the same I spoke of above for wheels... 20" TE37's with a polished lip (don't think there's an LE37 in a 20 if I remember correctly)... simple and clean

This kind of stuff is go all out or look bad trying in my opinion...

Another opinion... German cars just look wrong with a "true VIP" wheel... it gives me the feel that cheap wheels do on real VIP cars... just wrong

DISCLAIMER:I know I sound REALLY opinionated... and I am, but here's the deal for me... if you like the wheels... be it TSW or HRE etc... as long as you buy a wheel that fits cleanly (ie. not 24x8.5 +40's on a Y33 even worse with no or very little drop ) I say go for it! But... don't call it VIP or DTM or whatever if it's not... if you're a mutt your a mutt... call it like it is

Modified by rbsileighty at 8:09 PM 8/8/2008
Modified by rbsileighty at 8:30 PM 8/8/2008

REC

Well I can see myself personally dropping 2k on wheels and tires but too drop over 2k on just wheels is just not on my list of important things to do with my money. I guess thats why there are so few in the true VIP game because you have to have a lot of money to throw around to spend 3500+ on wheels or you sleep in your car. The TSW'S I posted may not be what you call baller VIP wheels but for someone who isn't rich they do quite well.

rbsileighty

REC wrote:The TSW'S I posted may not be what you call baller VIP wheels but for someone who isn't rich they do quite well.
Exactly... which is why I don't think anyone would argue that they aren't nice looking wheels... but they're just not true VIP... just like the 360 Forged wheels I posted aren't true VIP due to who makes them (which are ~$1000+ per corner)

Kalypso

we may not be able to afford certain wheels. especially me right now I dont have that much money. but these are the elements of a good life.

I want works... I cant afford works... and so Ill shall start a company and start making mad loot.

PANCAKES1

rbsileighty wrote:I'd tend to agree with you... but if you want my full and honest opinion... if the chassis isn't Japanese then it's not "VIP" (even if Junction Produce makes kits etc like your pictures above)

...so a MB or BMW etc will never be VIP to me... well... b/c really you end up more DTM Glam than VIP as the pic below is an example of the further push of the "VIP/DTM Glam vague line"

I'm still toying with the idea if I want to go DTM or VIP... either way mine will be more sport than true VIP which makes the DTM look easier (E60 6MT w/ sport pkg aero + KW Coilovers and 20" TE37's w/ polished lip )

As for the Y33... I'm thinking some form of aero, Recaro CS front seats, reupholstered int to match, JIC coilovers and the same I spoke of above for wheels... 20" TE37's with a polished lip (don't think there's an LE37 in a 20 if I remember correctly)... simple and clean

This kind of stuff is go all out or look bad trying in my opinion...
I couldn't agree w/ you more on this!That's why if you go on MyMBonline or wvwn a few Euro sites, they have very little respect for VIP and/or tryna make there car VIP. Merc. & Euro owners are more for the DTM category

and that merc. you posted above may not be VIP but that thing is SICK!!!!! and I would rock that anyday!!!!
rbsileighty wrote:Another opinion... German cars just look wrong with a "true VIP" wheel... it gives me the feel that cheap wheels do on real VIP cars... just wrong
Not true! but that's your opinion (and I respect that)A lot of those examples I posted are great examples of "True VIP wheel" on german cars!
rbsileighty wrote:DISCLAIMER:... if you like the wheels... be it TSW or HRE etc... as long as you buy a wheel that fits cleanly (ie. not 24x8.5 +40's on a Y33 even worse with no or very little drop ) I say go for it! But... don't call it VIP or DTM or whatever if it's not... if you're a mutt your a mutt... call it like it is

REC wrote:The TSW'S I posted may not be what you call baller VIP wheels but for someone who isn't rich they do quite well.
and that's all that matters! If you like them then

The main point in any of this is, do what is true to you!!!! If you like it, at the end of the day that's all that matters!

I have gotten crap from members on this forum and people in person who weren't feelin my car and I'm about to change the look of it to somethin different from what it looks like now and it's not gonna matter what anybody thinks as long as when I go out to my car and I look at it and say "Dang I love this car"

rbsileighty

NO!!! Don't change it... it's so clean! Ha... but that's like telling me not to sell my CE's off my S13 to put TE's on it... people might like the way it is, but there will be people that like the new wheels too... and it's my car

PANCAKES1

rbsileighty wrote:Exactly... which is why I don't think anyone would argue that they aren't nice looking wheels... but they're just not true VIP... just like the 360 Forged wheels I posted aren't true VIP due to who makes them (which are ~$1000+ per corner)
I'll argue that TSW are nasty all day long! I've never liked them........

Hahahaha! The wheels I want/getting are easily 1K a wheel for 19s

but look at Asanti wheels those wheels go for thousands of dollars for there crazy design wheels but nun of those wheels willever be considered a VIPstyle wheel. Even that half a million dollar rim they got won't even be.......

alot of it is in the name brand but most of it is in the quality and overall style of the rim

* That 240 & wheels are DOPE!!!!

PANCAKES1

rbsileighty wrote:NO!!! Don't change it... it's so clean! Ha... but that's like telling me not to sell my CE's off my S13 to put TE's on it... people might like the way it is, but there will be people that like the new wheels too... and it's my car
Customizing cars is a sick (disgusting) hobbie and me personally like to be different, so I know people love the way it may look now but I've had it this way for too long now and it's time to change it up.

+ there's already a couple cars that look sorta like mine so I gotta change it up to be different.....jus how I am

It's a illness I have, somebody pleaz help me!

rbsileighty

PANCAKES! wrote:
Customizing cars is a sick (disgusting) hobbie and me personally like to be different, so I know people love the way it may look now but I've had it this way for too long now and it's time to change it up.

+ there's already a couple cars that look sorta like mine so I gotta change it up to be different.....jus how I am

It's a illness I have, somebody pleaz help me!
Sounds like you have it bad... my suggested cure is to get new wheels

Be nice to the guy on those TSW's... Even though I wouldn't buy them... I've seen MUCH worse... as long as it's at least a 19... 20 pref... and that width offset in the pic that gives that dish... I wouldn't hate on him if he rocked 'um It's like rocking a Rota on a 240...

People need to shop around for used wheels... RBMotoring etc... you can get the real thing used for what some of the knockoffs go for new sometimes!

Return to “VIP Forum”