Rim recoating question?

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

Well, the car wash where I take my new G-coupe managed to break off the valve stem on my front left tire where the treads for the valve cover are. A piece on their new equipment got hung.

Then they attempted to take it to a Firestone or something to get it repaired. I told them that wouldn't do it as the tire pressure monitor would need to be reset etc. Well, the moron they took the rim to make to big scuff marks on the coating of the rim all the way down to the surface.

The car wash has agreed to pay for everything (reimburse me) and do whatever it takes to make me happy which I appreciate it.

I had everything to the wheel reset, monitor system ect. Cost $247 at the dealer. Now for my question, the dealer says to recoat the rim would be about $275 + tax and take three days as they have to send it off. Fine. Well, Crest Infiniti has wasted a week of my time while they try and find a temp rim for my car while my rim is being repaired. I have yet to get it in and they haven;t called me back and I am PISSED! so I was wondering if anyone knows of a place that can recoat the rim and fix my problem. Preferably in the DFW area but I am open to anyone.

Your help and info is appreciated.

Thanks,J-Owner (As an homage to my previous car I have not changed my name to G-Owner).

J-Owner

By the way I was on the phone while typing the above post so please excuse my bad grammar. I apparently cannot multitask.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Sorry to hear the abd news..

The cost for everything also sounds about right.

Fred..

nnkfws333
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 and a 1989 Nissan 240SX

THe price is right, your better off buying a rim from ebay...actually 4 of them if they are the stock 18's

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Ouch, good luck. I can't give you any recommendations about the DFW area though. You might be better off to get just get a new rim.

J-Owner

Update - I got a brand new rim put on and lucked out.

A guy bought the same car as mine and decided to Chrome the wheels so since my rim wasn't damaged just scuffed. They swapped out my rim and his so I get a new one and he chromes my damaged one.

He was a nice guy to do that. So I got lucky.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

J-Owner wrote:Update - I got a brand new rim put on and lucked out.

A guy bought the same car as mine and decided to Chrome the wheels so since my rim wasn't damaged just scuffed. They swapped out my rim and his so I get a new one and he chromes my damaged one.

He was a nice guy to do that. So I got lucky.
Good to hear...!!

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”