Right driver cv axle installation labor cost?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

This is addressed to Vstar. I admit I didn’t do so hot with my boot replacement on the driver’s side. I kinda stretched the inner boot to accommodate the higher angle with my spacers. It eventually tore. Also the outer boot leaked because I was stupid to replace a perfectly good cv boot while in there. And I could never get the bands tight enough.

My passenger side where I installed a taller cv inner boot is fine plus the old outer boot is still good.

Anyways, I ordered a oem part but Nissan will install it with a labor cost of $375.

Is that typical? I have no problem with that as long as it’s done right. :bigthumb:

Thx

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The labor time from Motor is 2.2 per side, 4.2 for both. So depending on their labor rate, $375 is probably about right. At our shop the rate is $131 and we'd probably quote 2.5 in case of stuck hardware, so you'd get quoted $327.50.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

:cheers: thanks.

I certainly don’t want to go in there and do something this complicated. Let Nissan do it.

But I rather do something real easy like today I’m changing just the rear brake pads on a 2012 Cadillac SRX by just sliding in some new pads and greasing the new brackets. In and out, bam I’m done.

:dblthumb:

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You're most welcome as always. :)

Return to “Rogue Forum”