RHD in Alabama

Including AR, LA, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, and NC
Tuvara
Car: '93 240SX SE Fastback
'10 Sentra SR

Ok, so after some moderate searching here and some more serious searching on the internet, plus a good long look through the Alabama Vehicle Codes and the Federal Vehicle codes, I can't find it. What I'm trying to find out is the legality of converting and operating a vehicle such as my 240 in a Right Hand Drive configuration, in short is RHD legal and futher more would I get harassed by the cops even if it were?

If anyone could give me an answer or somewhere better to look I'd appriciate it, as well if it pertained to Tuscaoolsa, and the surrounding area.

aebstract
Car: 09 Sentra SE-R Spec V

This is in the wrong area, but I am fairly certain that it is completely legal to have a RHD vehicle. Imported.. I don't know if I would recommend trying to switch a car from LHD to RHD O.o

laxands13
Car: 93 240sx Hatchback - Sold and missed
80 280zx - sold
83 Honda Civic Wagon - Current DD, soon to be CA16 powered

i've wondered this too, but not too seriously. if your cops are anything like the cops where i live, they wouldn't just harass you, they would bug the s*** out of you

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

There's nothing illegal about driving a RHD car anywhere in the U.S. However, it is technically illegal to modify the firewall of a production vehicle, which means a conversion is technically illegal.

However, you're probably safe legally, because a cop would have to prove that you modified the firewall to ticket you. Something no cop is going to try to bust you on.

Return to “Southeast Region”