rewrap dash and inner door panels best material

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
teamelude
Car: 1993 240sx Nissan

What would be a good material that could be used to rewrap the dash and inner door panels? For a daily drive in socal considering the sun idk about suede but leather doesnt seem that bad if you choose other write it down because I plan on doing this because I hate the cracks on the dash it looks ugly and makes the car looks its age. Thanks in advance and if it helps 1993 coupe 240sx new black carpet planning suede headliner and s15 seats. If that plays any role.

untrueparadox
Car: 1998 Infiniti I30

carbon fiber. unless if u pay big bucks and get the high quality leather, its gonna fade and degrade over time. specially here, the sun gets scorching hot and the car temps can get up to like 140F. carbon fiber would probably last the longest, vinyl might melt depending on what quality. isnt suede just a softer type of leather? ive seen people replace the whole dash with aluminum panels or carbon fiber and they look pretty cool. dont get aluminum, it stings ur eyes when the sun reflects though.

teamelude
Car: 1993 240sx Nissan

Thanks well ive been looking up about suede well artificial suede because its cheaper also I heard it is more uv resistant than normal suede thanks I think I might consider the carbon fiber but than I would have to match the inner door panels with it and I am aiming towards a clean oem look. Sort of like the GTR interior. But thanks for being the first person with an opinion on it

Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

Suede for sure, but unless you have a real bad-a** upholstering the dash, it's either going to look like crap or just isn't going to happen at all. If you want what I would consider a proper suede dash wrap, plan on spending $500 wrapped or more.

Return to “Interiors”