Rewire Homelink

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
QX4ME
Car: 02 Infiniti QX4 4WD
11 MB C300 Sports
06 Honda Odyssey

I tried rewiring the Homelink such that it requires key to be turn to ACC, for safety issues.
Took vanity mirror assembly off, saw there are two wires. I cut off the 12V wire, hook it to one wire inside the steering wheel switch housing that has 12V only when key is turned to ACC and ON.

Result: Vanity mirror light and Homelink does not have any power regardless where the key is turned to, and the rear wiper keeps operating as if it's turned to the first stop (slow wiping mode).

I have no idea but just put everything back for now. When I get next chance I will check the schematic; I didn't this time, thinking it should be straightforward to reconnect the always on 12V wire to an 12V active wire that needs the key.

If someone did this successfully please let me know what I have missed. Thank you.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Sounds like you hit a data wire for the combination switch instead of a power wire. They're generally pulled-up and will read 12V with a meter, but they aren't power wires and won't light a bulb-type test lamp. I doubt you'll find anything in the column wiring that's 12V power of any kind. Your best bet is to use a fuse tap on a fuse marked ACC in the fuse block.

QX4ME
Car: 02 Infiniti QX4 4WD
11 MB C300 Sports
06 Honda Odyssey

Thank you for the good advice. I left the added wire in there for next time rewire.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You're most welcome!

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”