Reviving the old school

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
methylprop
Car: 1985 Nissan 200sx

I though I would post my build thread here

Picked up a beater S12 and a S14 parts car. I swapped the ka24de, S14 front crossmember, S14 sway bar, S14 lca's, S14 brakes, S14 hubs (kept the 4 lug for now), S14 steering rack. Basically the entire front end from a s14. Using the S14 stuff increased my wheel base by almost 2 inches on each side. I plan to run a set of 280zx zc flares to cover the poke.

S12's loose the speedo when you do a ka swap or any other s13,s14,or s15 engine's. So I used the S14 cluster to keep all the gauges. Would have been much easier to swap speed sensors but the S12 cluster is ugly and out dated so it was a win/win.

Picture dump

jdm front clears

4-2-1 header

old school Recaro seats

mocked up

More to come soon.
Last edited by methylprop on Mon May 02, 2011 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

methylprop
Car: 1985 Nissan 200sx

Big thanks to fiznowler for giving up his healthy ka from his s14, And all his help in the swap. Adam not sure what your user name is But thanks for the drive shaft and front suspension. :dblthumb:

fiznowler
Car: 97 240sx se, 5 speed, paint, tan leather interior. vg30dett swap in progress.
86 300zx NA Daily Driver
Too many other nissans and parts to list!

Funny how many nissans are in the driveway. I am ready to drive the s12 or would it b3 S13? That car has almost more s14 parts in it than s12 at this point. That KA ran GOOD in my heavyish S14. Your car is going to be a fun car. :mike

Return to “Others”