Revised Fuel Mileage

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

Thought you would find this interesting. I first saw it on Autoblog and kept searching until finding it on the Nissan site. Nissan has revised the fuel mileage figures downward, from the original pre-production of 38 down to 33 with the CVT!! My sticker says 36 highway!! I think since the city is 30 and the highway is 36, that averages out to 33. But, I find it telling that by revising it downward that far, they probably only expect 33 in the real world. That is just about maddening, especially since the news release is dated for April. But it does say, combined, so we are still hoping for the 36. We shall see. http://www.nissannews.com/niss...shtml

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

They state in the article that they expect a combined mileage of 33 MPG, which is exactly what your sticker states also (30+36)/2 = 33

Also, let's not forget the famous phrase "your mileage may vary". We've seen this a lot on this board.

I've never taken the EPA estimates at face value, but rather used them as "guidelines".

toby

As I've said previously, I managed to get 35.18mpg on my first full tank, though the last 30 miles were with the low fuel light on. Nonetheless, I did get close to that 36mpg I was looking for, and probably could've gotten it, had I dared drive another 25 miles to the next rest stop on the turnpike. Not wanting to risk the car actually running out of gas though, I stopped to refuel. 35mpg is good enough for me... for now.

electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

When linking this article, I did mention that the 36 and 30 would be 33 combined. But, what is interesting is they first put out 38 COMBINED. What would you have to average to get that. The main point is that these things will probably only do 30 most of the time which is a mite disappointing. As far as using the EPA stickers, I use it as a guideline. If you don't use it at all, how do you compare cars. I know if the sticker said 15, I would keep looking. While I don't believe they test these in the real world properly, you gotta use something for a guide.

versula
Car: VERSA

I thought that the revised numbers had something to do with the EPA having a revised test for 2007 models. Anyway, I am getting around 33 mixed freeway/city at 200 miles with a 4sp auto S.

The Versa is being positioned as a competitor to the Fit, Yaris, xa, etc. but is actually closer in size to the Focus hatch and the new Rabbit. Their MPG figures are not great and in fact, the Koreans (Aveo, Rio & Accent) all have unremarkable MPG figures for cars that really are the same size as the other "b" segment cars. I am happy so far, 38 would be great but not at the price of having the ride of a Yaris or xa.

electech

If I hadn't gone with the Versa, I probably would have got the Civic. Several guys I work with have the new one and love it. One says he continually gets 38 to 40 with his with a mix of Interstate and two lane road. There are plenty of stories on the net of folks not getting much over high 20's too.

XterraVersa
Car: Nissan Xterra & Nismo 350Z

A Nissan dealer in Denver is advertising that the Versa still gets 38 mpg. Must have missed the memo from Nissan to lower it to 34 or 36. Unless they are using my car, which I bought from them

Return to “Versa General Chat”