Review of Hoppy Easylift

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

I installed one of these on my 04 Titan (you won't need it on 05+ since they have the tailgate assist from the factory). Best $20.00 plus S/H I spent on the Titan so far. It's basically a torsion bar that reduces to effort needed to lower and close the tailgate.

It's a very simple product, but performs quite well. I can bring down the tailgate slowly and close it with only one hand without much effort. The install is fairly easy, requiring you to drill two holes, one in the sheetmetal near the left taillight and the other underneath the tailgate. Thehardest part is actually putting the tailgate onto the torsion bar as you have to hold the tailgate at an angle to get it in correctly. It will require at least 2 people, but 3 would make it much simpler. The only real downside is that you will have to drill into sheet metal, but it is not easily visible and compared to the cost of trying to modify an 04 to accept the 05+ hardware, it's well worth it.

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

Dude!

C-Kwik

Haven't had a chance to get pics of anything. I also got a Bakflip bed cover this week as well. And a motorcycle. between trying to squeeze in these installs, shop for a bike, shop for a friend and my father's b-day and celebrate my father's b-day today, it's been really hectic. Tomorrow I'm off to take my motorcycle safety class. Pics will be up as soon as things settle down a bit.

C-Kwik

Here are the pics:

Hoppy only lists this for the 04 Titan as far as Nissans go, but it's possible it may work for most trucks.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”