reverse wire color for wingroad/ versa

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Microwaveable
Car: 2006 Nissan Wingroad

Does anyone know the wire color I need to connect my new stereo reverse sensor wire to?

Thank you

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If the original stereo didn't have a backup cam then you simply want to find a reverse lamp wire. What kind of tranny do you have? The older Versas with MT or 4AT drove the lamps directly from the Park-Neutral Switch, while the CVT's had a backup lamp relay located underhood in the Fuse&Fusible Link Box. Given that they're all different setups but all run through the Body Harness to the lamps, your best bet might be to trace the wire color at the lamps back to the SMJ and other connectors in the kick panel, where the Body Harness meets the Main and Engine Room Harnesses. Then simply run a wire from the kick panel to the radio.

Microwaveable
Car: 2006 Nissan Wingroad

Ouch, so my Japanese wingroad has this big box under the passenger seat, Bluetooth dvd, nav, something else, I will have a look, it controls a panel above my radio that has a screen for information, like navigation, kpl, kilometers remaining curb camera and back up camera. I only use it for backup camera and curb camera. I thought I could make use of that space for something else and use the after market stereo for the video input. But I am thinking I had better just leave it alone lol :rotflmao

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Sounds like maybe you bought a tech demonstrator. That could get interesting!

Return to “General Chat”