Rev. Jeremiah Wright needs his own show – on the comedy network.

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

Rev. Wright, of the Trinity United Church of Christ, is the leader of the church Sen. Obama attended for 20 years. He was also on Obama’s campaign committee. He tripped over his royal robes the other night with comments blasting Hillary and the US.

His statement that “Sen. Hillary Clinton having an advantage over Sen. Barack Obama in the presidential race because she is white. ” The members went wild with cheers of “yeah” and “preach it brother.” The nation didn’t. Bless (most of) America and their ability to sniff and flush that which needs to be flushed. Race is not going to become a campaign issue. Wright also said America had brought the September 11 attacks upon itself. That card is tired and tattered too.

Obama quickly dumped the good reverend with,"I also believe that words that degrade individuals have no place in our public dialogue, whether it's on the campaign stump or in the pulpit," Obama continued. "In sum, I reject outright the statements by Rev. Wright that are at issue."

Sen Obama, I hope this wasn’t too little too late. Pick your team members more carefully.

confedup
Car: 240sx

For a Dem you are A-OK.

At least in this thread

rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

Who said I was a Dem. Actually, I score mid road, darn near on the dividing line. It's not a safe place to be!

cmfireman
Car: '96 Nissan S14 SE

You just don't attend an establishment for 20 years if you don't believe/agree upon what they are speaking to some degree.

I believe this will somewhat upset Obama's image among possible Caucasian votes, but it'll probably get him a few more minority votes because some people are actually as narrow minded as Rev. Wright.

As much as we would like to believe that race isn't a factor in this campaign, it may be the deciding factor. The world will never be rid of racism as long as people believe they are owed something because of past events.

Return to “Politics Etc.”