Retrofit of self-locking doors to 2008 Rogues

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
meitingo
Car: 2008 AWD SL Nissan Rogue

Well folks, this is my first post and my question is, who will be the first one to come up with an easy way to retrofit the self-locking doors that are on the 2009 Rogues onto 2008 Rogues? I can do it, albeit somewhat crudely, with a DEI Door Lock Pulse Generator, but this will lock all doors when the ignition is switched on, as opposed to having them lock when the vehicle starts moving. The right answer would be through software, but I suspect that that won't be happening. Any thoughts??

Leo2005

Well not sure if I'm right but I hope you could connect it to the wire of drive lamp by taking shift knob off just like the old days. We don't have a D light in this car so you will have to find a wire. This is only my guess but I'll research on that one. By the way personally I don't like this option when doors are getting locked. What if you get in accident and you will need immediately leave the car or at least somebody from outside will need to open a door in this case? I don't see a plus in this option...only a minus.

Leo2005

Just got an idea. Get either pulse generator or try to connect it to speedometer. You will need some kind of generator for door locking but that you could connect straight to the speedometer I think. Unless its not gonna open your door while you waiting at the red light

philipa_240sx

I saw another system that uses the seat belt switch. This is the same switch that activates the seat belt light.

http://www.coastaletech.com/lock.htm

It activates the door locks as soon as you buckle up. IMHO, I would not want to mess with this though. The seat belt switch is part of the airbag system, if you mess up the install it could be very expensive to fix. I would suggest finding a competent installer to do this.

Leo2005

That should work perfectly.

meitingo
Car: 2008 AWD SL Nissan Rogue

philipa_240sx may be on to something. As per page # MWI-58 in the Rogue shop manual on CD-ROM, the driver's seatbelt buckle switch is a simple SPST switch to ground so, once I figure out if it's normally open or normally closed (I suspect that it's the latter), I should be able to figure out a trigger arrangement that should work. The scenario would be; fasten the seatbelt on the driver's side and the door locks would lock, release the driver's side seatbelt and the door locks would unlock.

ncc1701
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD / 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

http://www.kptechnologies.com/ has them. They also have a module to lock the doors at a certain speed.

Return to “Rogue Forum”