"Retained" Accessory Power

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
JDRosenberg07
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 2.5 6MT

Now i dont think i have it wrong but doesnt "retained accessory power" mean that stuff like your radio should stay on until you open the driver door after you turn the car off?

Cause i dont know if its just me or not but mine doesnt do that... i have normal accessory power if i just hit the start button without my foot on the clutch but it doesnt stay on after i shut the car off? Am i the only one with this problem?

Colton92
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5S - WinterFrost

as far as i know there are no nissans that radio stays on after the car is turned off. the windows still work but thats about it

maxentropy
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Colton is correct. Once you press the button to turn your coupe off, everything shuts off, the interior and courtesy lights come on and you have about 10-15 secs to put your windows/sunroof up or down. Radio turns off as soon as the car goes off.

Incase you wanted to know the accessory (cigarette lighter) outlets give power even when the car is off. If your cell phone is connected to your car charger and the car is off, it's still charging.

JDRosenberg07
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 2.5 6MT

Thats misleading sayin they have retained accessory power then... i work as a rep for GM and all of their cars that have that, the radio and other powered features will stay on until you open the driver door

rizla
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Coupe - Slate Grey

maxentropy wrote:Colton is correct. Once you press the button to turn your coupe off, everything shuts off, the interior and courtesy lights come on and you have about 10-15 secs to put your windows/sunroof up or down. Radio turns off as soon as the car goes off.

Incase you wanted to know the accessory (cigarette lighter) outlets give power even when the car is off. If your cell phone is connected to your car charger and the car is off, it's still charging.
I may have to disagree or maybe its just my experience with charging my iphone. I have a cigeratte charge for my iphone plugged into the socket under the radio compartment and when I turn the car off it stops charging. When I turn the car on, it shows the power is connected to it again. Is it just me? Or is there a particular charge (like the one in the arm rest) that stays on when the car is off?

Rolling Estonian
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5

yes the one under the dash turns off with the car, but the one in the arm rest stays on all the time.

maxentropy
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Rolling Estonian wrote:yes the one under the dash turns off with the car, but the one in the arm rest stays on all the time.

spaceguy85
Car: 2003 Nissan Frontier XE
2008 Nissan Altima 2.4S
2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Sorry Guys, but both my 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport, and my 2017 Nissan Titan work the same. When you turn off the car or the truck, the radio stays on until you open the door. This is how they both work, and how the retained power system works :naughty: . Now, both have the NAV package, which might be the difference.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”