reseting ECU after intake instalation...is it necessary?

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
gama
Car: 2007 G35 Sedan S

should we reset it? if we do. how? disconnect positive then connect again? leave it disconnected for a period of time? does anyone know!!! i want to make sure i dont screw up my ECU.

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

I heard both. Once I received my intake and install it, I'll reset mine. The computer has to learn it. I think. I have a friend with 350Z I was in his car after instaled intake before and after reset. You can feel the different.

Do you know how to?

Zozoka

wjn38
Car: 2007 g35 coupe

ive had my intake system in my car for about 2 weeks and i didnt reset my ecu i didnt know i was supposed to? i cant really tell a difference but it feels like it lags when it used to not??? should i just incase and will it mess up my car if i do so late?

zozoka1212

I can't say for sure you need it or not. I'll do it on mine. For sure.

Here is the process what my bud followed.

http://www.technosquareinc.com/350reset.htm

Zozoka

ArizonaG35
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Journey Sedan/Premium Pkg. Platinum Graphite

I took the car in this week to change the Factory oil out and put in some Synthetic... I mentioned to him about the ECU Reset and he said that it wasn't necessary... he put the car on his computer and said that all the codes were reading normal and that it would not help out....

Unless I see an issue with it, I don't see a reason to reset the ECU...

Gimli G35
Car: 1996 Lexus ES300

the answer is either way , resetting requires a 5-10 mile drive to get the computer back to "OK" \ "READY" mode..

without resetting sometimes you might have a bad drive after an install. it will learn sometimes it takes longer than just resetting it

either way , you can do both .. i reset mine everytime i do a new install then take a 10 mile drive after to get it back to normal

gama
Car: 2007 G35 Sedan S

I WOULD FOLLOW what the dealer says!!!! i would think if a check engine light goes on then should do it, other wise..is dealer service says its ok..why do it???? i didnt feel..anything laging at all in mine!!! but i just thought if it gave maybe more of a boost!!! but i guess the computer will learn...after a couple of miles.. in my case 200 miles have passed..i thought reseting ecu was just disconnecting battery!!! but if it includes all the timing and pedal pressure and relase crap.. im not doing it!!!

thanks for your opinions

zozoka1212

no problem

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”