Request help with J30

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
SkyRocket
Car: Hunting, camping, motorcycling, hiking

Ok....I am new. I just found this board and have been reading what I can. It is new to you too, so perhaps you will forgive me for asking for information that had been covered before.

I am going to purchase a 93 J30, pearl, with 95,000. Am I buying trouble? It looks and rides great! What do I need to be aware of with this car? I am used to cars that just run for 100,000 miles w/o transmission problems or other major repairs.

I just love the J30 look, handling, and luxury.....so I did it.

Please help with providing some advice.

1. What kind of oil should I use?2. I have read a lot about transmissions. What should I do for preventative maintenance?3. What is T2 in Atlanta....close for me..4. Is there anything else I should be aware of?

I just love the car and want it to last and last.

Thanks for your patience and any assistance.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

I would highly recommend taking the car to T-3 and paying a couple dead presidents to see what it really needs. Chances are, fluids have not been kept fresh. It is usually good, but not sufficient for longevity, if oem recommended mainenance has been performed. This is true for any vehicle.

I believe the Cobb one has the knowledgable Infiniti techs.

SkyRocket

what is t-3?

VimyJ

SkyRocket wrote:
I am going to purchase a 93 J30, pearl, with 95,000. Am I buying trouble? It looks and rides great! What do I need to be aware of with this car? I am used to cars that just run for 100,000 miles w/o transmission problems or other major repairs.

I just love the J30 look, handling, and luxury.....so I did it.

Please help with providing some advice.

1. What kind of oil should I use?2. I have read a lot about transmissions. What should I do for preventative maintenance?3. What is T2 in Atlanta....close for me..4. Is there anything else I should be aware of?

I just love the car and want it to last and last.

Thanks for your patience and any assistance.
1. Use synthetic or syn blend oils and fluids.2. Pan drp w/ filter change. Synthetic ATF3. T3 is a repair shop in Alanta with considerable expertise on Infiniti and Lexus cars.4. Other things to be aware of : Timing belts on the 93 and 94 models need to be changed at 65K miles (if changed, the newer belts might be the improved kevlar types good for 105K); the suspension is probably getting long in the tooth and this is relatively pricey (compared to other cars) maintenance; engine maint. like new plugs, etc.

This is a very solid car. The motor is bullet proof and willing. The body is good but watch out for rusting near the weld below the rear passenger doors (especially on the left side). Lube the sun roof system. Earlier J's have some probelms with connections in the radio/stereo system. There are some other minor things you can take care of them as they occur.

Congratulations on your new ride. The J is a very satisfying machine.

SkyRocket

Thank you very much. I will do all of the above. I appreciated your direct response.

SkyRocket

How do I get intouch with T3? Do they take appointments? It is still a long drive just to wait around. Thanks.

VimyJ

SkyRocket wrote:How do I get intouch with T3? Do they take appointments? It is still a long drive just to wait around. Thanks.
T3 Automotive Ltd.5322 S. Cobb Dr.Atlanta, GA 30080(404) 794-7700

Return to “General Chat”