Replacing whole cylinder heads...

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
eggwhites
Car: 2002 Nissan Frontier SC-V6 Crew Cab Long Bed

So my 02' supercharged fronty had some crazy things happen, ultimately, bending a valve.

Now, the FSM has some weird lines i don't understand. it states the following message in the torque section:

"Caution: if replacing intake manifold with a new one, cylinder head gasket must also be replaced with a new one. refer to step 4." end quote.

So does this mean, that if i remove the intake manifold, and put a new MANIFOLD on, that i replace cylinder head gasket? Does it mean if replacing manifold gasket? And my biggest point, i am swapin out the drivers side cylinder head with a new one, so does this mean i have to replace both cylinder head gaskets???

Any info would be good, b/c i am not sure, and no one i have spoke to knows for sure. and lets be frank, i cannot mess this sh*t up :ohno:

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

Yeah...That looks like a typo in the FSM regarding gaskets. I cannot see how that makes any sense and I see no connection between the two. I see no reason to replace the other cylinder head gasket either just because you are replacing one of them.

eggwhites
Car: 2002 Nissan Frontier SC-V6 Crew Cab Long Bed

mdmellott wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:28 pm
Yeah...That looks like a typo in the FSM regarding gaskets. I cannot see how that makes any sense and I see no connection between the two. I see no reason to replace the other cylinder head gasket either just because you are replacing one of them.
Yes, I agree with you, and I am inclined to not spend all that exta time and money. I will post a follow up when I complete the job

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”