Replacing wheel bearing.

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
Basedgod_11
Car: 2004 g35 coupe

So I've been trying to replace my rear wheel bearing. And ran into a issue I've taking everything off. I unscrewed the 4 bolts behind the axle. I pulled the hub assembly with a joint puller. So it's just the bearing assembly on there. So all I have left to do is remove the bearing assembly. So I'm wondering if anyone ran into this problem before and maybe someone can give me some tips. Or a second opinion but, the bearing assembly is like seized on there and I can't get it to come off. It's not holding on by the bolts because I removed them. I've tried everything. Sprayed tf out of it with rust repellent, hitting it as hard as I can with a mini sledge hammer, try to chisel it with a air hammer, I've also try to put one of the bolts back in and punch it with the air hammer and that thing will not budge. It's like it's welded on there. I've ran out of ideas and don't know what to do. My last idea is to maybe cut it with a angle grinder or something smaller and cut it in 4s and try to hit it with a sledge hammer. I don't know if it's a good idea. I need a 2nd opinion. I would really appreciate the help. I need to get the car back together before I go back to work tomorrow.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Basedgod_11 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:05 am
So I've been trying to replace my rear wheel bearing. And ran into a issue I've taking everything off. I unscrewed the 4 bolts behind the axle. I pulled the hub assembly with a joint puller. So it's just the bearing assembly on there. So all I have left to do is remove the bearing assembly. So I'm wondering if anyone ran into this problem before and maybe someone can give me some tips. Or a second opinion but, the bearing assembly is like seized on there and I can't get it to come off. It's not holding on by the bolts because I removed them. I've tried everything. Sprayed tf out of it with rust repellent, hitting it as hard as I can with a mini sledge hammer, try to chisel it with a air hammer, I've also try to put one of the bolts back in and punch it with the air hammer and that thing will not budge. It's like it's welded on there. I've ran out of ideas and don't know what to do. My last idea is to maybe cut it with a angle grinder or something smaller and cut it in 4s and try to hit it with a sledge hammer. I don't know if it's a good idea. I need a 2nd opinion. I would really appreciate the help. I need to get the car back together before I go back to work tomorrow.

Have you tried reading the FSM for wheel bearing removal?

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... e/2004/rax

See page RAX 6 and note special tools required

REMOVAL
1. Remove tire from vehicle with power tool.
2. Remove cotter pin. Then remove lock nut from drive shaft.
3. Remove brake caliper with power tool. Hang it in a place where it will not interfere with work. Refer to
BR-37, "
REAR DISC BRAKE (AD14VE TYPE)
"
BR-43, "
REAR DISC BRAKE (OPB13VB TYPE)
"
NOTE:
Avoid depressing brake pedal while brake caliper is removed.
4. Remove disc rotor and remove parking cable and parking brake shoe from back plate. Refer to
PB-5,"PARKING BRAKE CONTROL
"
PB-7, "PARKING BRAKE SHOE
"
5. Remove fixing bolts and nuts in axle side of radius rod, front lower link with power tool.
6. Remove fixing bolt and nut in axle side of rear lower link with power tool. Then remove coil spring. Refer to
RSU-15, "
REAR LOWER LINK
&
COIL SPRING
"
7. Remove fixing bolt and nut in axle side of shock absorber with power tool.
8. Using a puller (suitable tool), remove axle from drive shaft.
CAUTION:

When removing axle, do not apply an excessive angle to drive shaft joint. Also be careful not to
excessively extend slide joint.

If it were me, I'd let a pro do it

Good luck

Telcoman

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”