Replacing the original JDM navigation system

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
IanT51
Car: 2005 350Z Fairlady Track spec. Aftermarket mag wheels and autoheadlight fitting.

Hi. I have just bought an immaculate 2005 350Z version T (track) Japanese import (ie JDM)car here in New Zealand with 91000km on the clock. The navigation system and buttons are (naturally) all in Japanese and it also functions as a reversing camera (and two front cameras) screen. I was wondering if anyone can help answering a few questions I have: :confused:
1. Is it possible to get other navigation maps for this system?
2. If so, is it possible to get English language consoles to replace the Japanese one? In other words do the 350Z cars exported to Europe and USA have english language consoles and screens? Thanks in advance for any help. BTW the Bose sound system is AWESOME!!
3. If no OEM stuff is possible does anyone have a recommendation to replace this?
4. Any "must do" electronic/ergonomic mods you think I should get?
Thanks in advance for any help. This is a great site and keep up all the good work. :dblthumb:

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. When I bought my Z it actually had all of the original manuals with it, including the manual for the nav system...it's absolutely huge. I'll take a look through it tonight or tomorrow and see if I can discover anything.

My gut feeling says that if you were able to swap in an English language system and had the proper region map discs in English that it should work fine, GPS satellites aren't there for any one language, but I've been know to be wrong before. :)

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”