Replacing spedometer on my 93 Altima GXE.

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
zerotap
Car: 93 Nissan Altima GXE Automatic

Ok, so I need to replace my spedometer on my 93 Altima GXE. I went to Car-Parts.com and found several from 94's and what not, but I am not sure what years work with that car. I am going to have a mechanic I use do the job and he is only gonna charge me an hour labor once I can get a spedometer. Also, a couple weeks ago I had a new windshield washer fluid pump installed and it has started shooting out washer fluid on it's on w/o rhyme or reason, causing the wipers to go off as well while it's squirting fluid. I had the mechanic check on it, but he found no blown fuses, and all the pieces looked to be in working order. Are after market pumps known to have problems ?

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

93 might be unique.quickest way is troll ebay, and look at enough pictures especially of backside to convince yourself. caveat: many ebay posts are of course erroneous.

or, you can email me your VIN mumber and i'll check the nissan database.

zerotap
Car: 93 Nissan Altima GXE Automatic

I went to the wrecking yard to take a look at one from a 94 Altima. Looks like it's one whole unit, and from the other wrecking yards I talked with, and the Nissan dealer as well, you have to replace the whole unit. I'll get back to you with the VIN number and maybe with your help I can find one online for my mechanic to install, otherwise I am going to have to take it to the Nissan dealer and they want $630 to install and calibrate it ( that price is parts ($407) plus labor ( $125/hr ) and tax. Sad that the shop charges you $125/hr but the mechanic is only making maybe $30/hr tops.

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”