Replacing Spark Plugs on 1995 Q45

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
jcas
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45

Hello all, I'm getting ready to change the spark plugs on my 95'. I've read that people recommend NGK. There are a few NGK options. Any specific model? I'm also wondering if there is a write-up somewhere that I can follow to change the spark plugs. I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction. Thank you!
Last edited by Rogue One on Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

jcas
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45

So after doing some research, I found the service manual for the car. It shows, spark plug PFR6B-11. But when I enter that part number on various websites, including NGK, it says they're not compatible with my car? I want to say f*** it and buy them anyways, as I trust the service manual more than the websites. It shows the spark plug is only compatible with the G20 models. Am I wrong? They're $14.99 a piece from NAPA

Ryantzer
Car: 1990 Infiniti Q45

You should be able to go on the website for any auto parts store and look up the spark plug application for your Q45. There's not going to be any significant performance difference between the different spark plug materials, but the longevity changes significantly: platinum plugs will last ~60K miles, iridium plugs should be good for ~100K miles, and ruthenium plugs will probably outlast your car. Make sure that you get your plugs from a reputable source as there are a lot of fake iridium plugs out there.

Changing plugs isn't all that difficult - pull the coil covers and the ignition coils, then remove and replace the plugs.

cbird805
Car: 2003 Infiniti M45
1995 Infiniti Q45 Base
(prev) 1994 Infiniti Q45 Base

NGK Laser Platinum (PFR5G-11) is the OEM recommended plug (FSM Section MA-11). It has -6G-11 and -7G-11 as cold type alternates.

macgiver

Best to bring old , proper plug to autopart store and compare , in order of utmost importance :

1)tip projection (is it right IF a projected tip ? )

2)thread length

3)Length of top 'tip' electrode (above the ceramic) to seat/gasket surface , a MUST for coil on plug setups

4)Heat range , is std. right for your driving style ? , ambient air temp etc. KNOW the nomenclature for proper up/down adj's

5)Good while AT STORE you may Ohm the tip to ctr. electrode for the typical 5k ohm of ( IF ) 'modern' plugs , like compression test , you don't want ' strays ' too far a reading that's is off the charts OR NO Ohms when it should be 5k or 10k whatever spec IS !

6) full inspection of each for cracked ceramic insulator BOTH bottom AND upper ones(not THAT easy to spot) , GAP = check , some will break IF you play with trying to " adjust " when the plug is " bragged " to be factory - set ! BUT IS 'off' in gap...ASK FOR ANOTHER ONE :yesnod................YOU GOT THE RIGHT to Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarty !!! Bim Blam , Blam

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”