replacing sock fuel pump filter 3rd gen Maxima

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
mic5631
Car: 1992 3rd gen Nissan Maxiam GXE/1985 Toyota Supra Mk II P type/ 2 1986 Toyota Celica GT-S Mk IV/

Hello, i am kinda new here so if this needs moved to a different area please do
i am working on a 1992 Nissan Maxima GXE i have drained the fuel in the tank and i have the fuel pump out i have purchased a new "sock" filter to go onto the pump but i have never done this before and need some advice on how to replace it the filter is from NAPA the brand name is Delphi part # FS0093-11b1
to my knowledge its the original fuel pump (107,000miles) tho the old filter looks slightly different
i dont want to damage the filter or pump due to my lack of knowledge here any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

ProudNissanFreak
Car: 2005 Imaginary WRX STi, 2003 Civic

I did this to my friends Maxima, same year, but it was a couple of years ago. You can find the FSM for your car in my signature and look it up - I do believe there's a walkthrough in there.

mic5631
Car: 1992 3rd gen Nissan Maxiam GXE/1985 Toyota Supra Mk II P type/ 2 1986 Toyota Celica GT-S Mk IV/

Hey thanks!! i got bold this afternoon and looked it over close and figured it out i had to take the pump off the bracket and then i was able to lift the little round clip up and it popped off
i was worried i know fuel pumps are expensive so i was just wanting to make sure

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”