Replacing OEM Front Lower Subframe with Aftermarket?

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
nickwd131
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6mt

The front lower crossmember brace or Subframe support(not sure exactly what it's called but it's the one pictured) on my coupe needs to be replaced soon due to severe rust damage. There's one spot in particular that's really badly deteriorated. While I was searching for a replacement I came across this:

It apprears to be a complete replacement of the oem brace, but I havnt been able to find any info on it or anyone else who even sells this or something like it anywhere? I'd rather go with this than an oem replacement, if it's an upgrade of course, and it's only $100ish more than what I can get a used replacement for. I messaged the seller 2 days ago and havnt heard anything back yet. I'm hoping someone here has bought one or at least knows anywhere else that sells them? Mainly I'd like to confirm if this is a complete replacement/upgrade for to the oem brace, It def looks like it from the pictures but it's doesn't say anywhere in the description either way.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Welcome to NICO Club!

My first search showed this company is a manufacturer from Malaysia. Then that page stopped working and I looked at the next result saying they are from USA. Then I find some swedish people giving reviews on some braces and saying they company is from Australia. :gotme In photo 2 of 2 I see the OEM brace has rectangles on the outermost ends that don't appear in photo 1 of 1. Photo 1 of 1 might be really crumby quality but looks like a photoshop of new parts superimposed on the bottom of a car. There's no detailed information of materials used or images of the weld quality. Is there a warranty and how will it get replaced if it breaks under stress? It sounds like it's difficult to purchase. I don't know if any of that matters.

I would get OEM, use some nice new stiff bushings, rust proof it as much as possible and plan for regular undercarriage rinsing during the winter months assuming your roads get salted.

If you get this part, please let us know how it goes. Ease of purchase, build quality, fitment, maybe a weight comparison. Then after a year or two, how well it holds up. I'm sure others would be interested in that information. Good luck!

nickwd131
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6mt

Thanks. Yea I noticed that about the pictures too, they do look photoshopped. I was thinking maybe it was done for advertising? I still havnt heard back from them yet though, through eBay or through their website. There's no way I was ordering it with out getting more information about it. I think I may just go ahead and look for a good used oem brace again, nothing about that company had me wanting to give them any of my money. If I do hear back from the company ill post their response here for anyone else who might be interested in it. I appreciate the input

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”