Replacing interior light bulbs with LED bulbs

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Joeshome2
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum

2021 Platinum level

Has any changed the interior lights with LED bulbs.
I would like to know how to remove the lens covers without cracking them.

Joe

twong26
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue

I have the 2021 Rogue Platinum and I replaced mine with LED bulbs. I used the LASFIT LED bulbs (purchased them from eBay because they are less expensive there). Look for T10, which will fit the 2 map lights, 2 vanity mirror lights, and 2 rear passenger lights, and the T3175, which will fit the 1 cargo light.

Don't be an amateur like me and remove any of the housing. Just remove the semi-clear cover by using a small spudge or flat-head screwdriver (like those you use for computers or glasses) and slowly and carefully slide it in between the clear cover and the housing. Slowly wedge it around the cover to get the clips loose and the cover should come off. Make sure the engine is off and the lights are off. Use tweezers to remove the bulb if you have to as the space might be tight. Replace the bulbs and push the covers back in. It's not difficult after you do it once.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Maybe my inner Arkansas is showing, but I've always found the best tool for popping dome lenses is the thin oval blade on a typical stockman's pocket knife. On many models the lenses fit tightly and there's not enough room for a spudge. The small knife blade will slip right in, but the oval end won't risk nicking the plastic like a pointed blade or flathead screwdriver.

joshua70448
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV
2018 Nissan Rogue Sport SV w/Tech Pkg
2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S HB

I've done the same thing with my 2021 SV, not sure if the Platinum has LED license plate lights but I replaced those as well on mine with these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0825C75TZ

Return to “Rogue Forum”