Replacing exhaust manifolds

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
vwghiarob
Car: qx56

Hi to all! I just joined and will be spending some time on here I'm sure. I have a 2006 QX56 and have a few issues. The first thing is new exhaust manifolds. I searched and have not found anything for changing them. I just looked it up in the online manual which is an awesome feature, thanks! It said I have to remove the front diff, is this true? I was hoping to do this in one day but thinking that may not be the case. I have a complete new exhaust system, but want to at least get the manifolds in. Anyone have any insight to doing this?
Thanks
Rob

marctronixx

manifolds on that model year (and other years) are known for going bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyijdN61acI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_VtP0n2y5s

just some ideas on what you have to do. the armada, titan, qx of the same year are all the same, so use those terms in your search.

lots of discussion on forums about this. I am a member of another forum (two) that have extensive treads on this.

vwghiarob
Car: qx56

Thanks for the video links. I didn't see anything on those but did find one that a guy put headers on it. I have some of it done. I had three out four engine mount bolts break. I started drilling them out and will have to get more drill bits tomorrow. Our state uses a lot of salt and the aluminum is corroded. I heated up the manifold nuts with an acetylene torch to keep them from snapping. I hope to finish it tomorrow if everything goes well. What a pain, I have eleven hours into it and a way to go.
Thanks

marctronixx

the videos were just a basic FYI type of thing. had i (or you)did more searching you may have found more fruit.

point is its a pain in the arse and time consuming. its easy if you have a lift and the tools to do the work.

if you are handy with this type of thing, which is sounds like you are, then pick up the service manual, smoke it over, and get on it! ;-)

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”