Replacing 2007 M35x broken radiator support frame

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Fieldogreen
Car: 2007 Infinity M35X

My son rear ended a car with his 2007 M35x and it broke the radiator support frame. Anyone have experience replacing this? We have removed most of the front end components, but it looks as though the frame can't be removed without taking off major support underneath. Help would be appreciated.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the accident.

I haven't seen the M35x support in quite some time, is the frame bolted on or welded on? If it's welded, how badly is it damaged? Years ago I hit a deer on my 97 Nissan Maxima and me and a buddy (well, more my buddy lol), fixed my suppoer with just a hammer and a piece of flat steel used as a straight edge. Just warm it up a bit and go to town?

EdBwoy

Which part are you referring to - the gray fiberglass framework?
Once you fully undress the front of the Y50, the front profile will look like a "U" with a rather thin metal bottom that I wouldn't consider a true radiator support.

If you have a picture of the car in its current stage, that will help us move forward.
https://forums.nicoclub.com/how-to-post ... 18411.html
But yeah, everything can be unbolted save for that welded bar that makes the bottom of the "U"... without compromising the bottom support.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

When I rear-ended a Land Cruiser, my 09 M35 needed a radiator support. Of all the pieces that were replaced, the radiator support was the 2nd most ridiculously priced. Insurance paid nearly $700 for that part!
https://www.infinitipartsonline.com/oem ... Ni1nYXM%3D

They told me it was a special 'polymer' construction. I call that plastic! The most ridiculous was the lower air deflector which looks to be worth about $50 but cost over $500!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”