Replacement or Repair questions

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Darthswan
Car: 2012 M37X
99 Nissan Maxima

I have two challenges ahead of me.

1. Rock caught my windshield. I have about a foot crack. Can that be repaired, or do you think i need a new windshield. Oh, and I priced a windshield. Looking more and more like an insurance claim.

2. One night coming from the airport, someone lost a tire and my car was the lucky recipient of a kiss. Just a tire. Well it knocked out my fog light. So now I'm looking at replacing the bulb, hopefully. What bulbs have you all used for your fog lights?

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

1. Can cracks that large be repaired? I would replace it.

2. I used HID's and then switched to Putco Jet Yellow bulbs. Lots of options from stock bulbs, HID kits, LED bulbs, or just upgraded bulbs like PIAA's. What color do you prefer? What's your budget?

Darthswan
Car: 2012 M37X
99 Nissan Maxima

Debonair wrote:1. Can cracks that large be repaired? I would replace it.

2. I used HID's and then switched to Putco Jet Yellow bulbs. Lots of options from stock bulbs, HID kits, LED bulbs, or just upgraded bulbs like PIAA's. What color do you prefer? What's your budget?

Yeah, I'll most likely be replacing the window.

Color wise, I would like something as close to the headlights as possible. Not a real fan of the different colors between headlight and fog light.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I replaced my HID fogs with PIAA yellow something or others. See my build thread. Never going back to HID bulbs again, not worth the hassle.

SwissCheeseHead
Car: 11 M37x, 94 BMW 530i

They can't repair a crack that long. I went through this with my wife's BMW. It was only a 6 inch crack by the time we were able to call and ask around. That was Nov/Dec. Now, it's more like a foot long. It's not unsafe to drive with it; just that it's going to continue to get bigger and bigger.

Altered
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37x

Darthswan wrote:
Color wise, I would like something as close to the headlights as possible. Not a real fan of the different colors between headlight and fog light.
I would recommend looking into Höen bulbs, but I don't know if they are still being sold. The ones I have are their Xenonmatch bulbs, it isn't exact but its the closest match I've found to our oem headlights. I previously bought an additional set of oem hids from a dismantled car and installed them in my fog lights, from some angles it still didn't match the headlamp color exactly because of the design of the housing itself. It seems next to impossible to match the stock projector without creating a matching projector fog lamp housing.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”