Replacement of in-cabin filters in my 2005 FX35?

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
dsandri
Car: Infinity FX35

How do i replace the in-cabin filters in my 2005 FX35?

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Might try to reference the FSM

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/

mcdaddygolf
Car: 2007 350z

Hi dsandri,I have an 04' and just today had the cabin filter replaced. On mine my friend (Acura Mechanic/friend) had to completely remove the glove box and the side door sill (there was hidden screw). He then was able to remove the door that held the filter inside. Hope this helps, Cris

dsandri
Car: Infinity FX35

Ya, i did it about 6 weeks ago. it was really easy, but when i removed thw glove box, i disconnected the 2 wire harnesses that are attached to the glove box assembly (and kind of in the way to get at the filter). what i didn't know was that was the electrical system to the air bag which signals the air bag light to go on on the dash UNTIL IT IS RESET BY THE INFINITY OR NISSAN dealer. That almost cost me $120!! however, i needed new rear brakes and the service manager made the mistake of telling me that if i have the brakes done there, he'd do the light reset for me at no charge (i was only 2,000 miles out of warrantee and he knows that if he didn't do it, i'd likely have a Porsche for my next car!

thanks. i appreciate your help. if i can return the favor......

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Hey guys, I'm glad to hear that you got the hookup on the airbag light reset. Some dealers will do things like that if you are on good terms with your contact there.

Here is an article we have about this if you ever feel like taking a swing at it in the future. Your experience illustrates one of the most common mistakes. There are very few reason to open an airbag circuit (this should only be done when replacing something so as not to compromise circuit continuity) and releasing the tabs is the easiest and safest way to perform this procedure.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”