Replacement key that inserts in to the Intellikey fob?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
bill875
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue / Premium Package / Fully Loaded

Happy Holidays everyone,

I hope someone can help answer my question...

Is it possible to purchase a replacement key that inserts in to the Intellikey keyfob? My situation is that the local car electronics shop installed a Hornet 564t Alarm/Remote Start unit and used one of the keys that goes in to the Intellikey fob in the bypass box. This kind of upset me as I would have gone and bought a valet key for the job had I known this was necessary. The sales guy never told me they would be taking one of the keys out.

So I have a fob that is useless as it cannot be placed on to a keyring as that part is now missing since the part that attaches to a keyring is now gone. Grrrrr!

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Also, does anyone know what the approximate price might be just for the key part (I don't need the entire fob, just the key that goes in to it.)

If I can only get a valet key (if Nissan can't just sell the key portion of the fob), should I get the install shop to swap the key in the bypass box over to a new valet key for free?

Thanks,Bill

philipa_240sx

The key portion of the Intellikey is available as a seperate part. I am unsure of cost of the key itself. However you must also add the reprogramming costs:

Due to the anti-theft system, you will need to have the dealer reprogram the vehicle to recognize the new key. This is the same regardless if it you purchased a replacement hard key for the Intellikey or a seperate valet key. Note: Bring all the vehicle keys to the dealership to ensure they all get reprogrammed and test each one so they work.

As for installer.... I would be very happy either. They should have informed you before they went ahead and left you short a key.

bill875

Thanks for your reply

The four dealers I called want between $107 and $137 for the replacement key (that inserts to fob) and then another $50-110 for programming

So I'm thinking it isn't really worth it right now. Any chance my salesman can help me out? I wish I would have worked a spare key in to the deal when I bought the car. Grrrr!

Jimothy12
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

Your car didnt come with two keys (and 2 keyfobs)?

bill875

My Rogue came with two fobs that have the keys in the fob as a backup (in case the battery dies in the fob). However, the fob cannot be placed on a key ring anymore as the loop to attach it is part of the key that has been removed.

It turns out that the shop that installed the Keyless entry/alarm system could have used a keyless DLPK or XK07 bypass kit as indicated at http://www.bypasskit.com/ (see vehicle selector at the top).

I feel I should go to the shop and ask that they swap out the bypass module for *only* the difference in price for the keyless module. Online they go for $50-60 and I believe the one they used was a 1 key required - Directed 1101T which is online for around $30.

The shop never communicated to me that a key would be required or removed from a FOB to do this. It wasn't until I came to pick up the car that I learned a key was removed permanently for the bypass box.

Is it a fair request on my part to ask the shop to rip my dash apart again to do the swap for only the price difference of the bypass box? Should I be responsible for any labor?

I'm rather unsatisfied with my $516 purchase without that backup key fob in tact.

Thanks for any guidance.

-Bill

Return to “Rogue Forum”