Replacement front door speakers in M37

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
esaydam
Car: 2011 M37S
Liquid Platinum with Graphite Interior
Premium Package
Lighted Kickplates

Has anyone replaced the lower speakers in their front doors? If so, can you please list the model you used, if they made a noticeable difference in sound quality and rattles, and if you ran into any problems with the new speaker depths? There is not much info around speaker specifications-the only info I gathered was that the lower front door speakers are 6x9 and the Bose model is 28157-JL00A. It seems that the 2011 Nissan 370Z and 2008/2009 G37 with Bose system also use the same 6x9 speaker but still haven't found any details about a suitable replacement speaker people have had luck with. In case it matters, I have a 2011 M37 with the 10 speaker setup that comes with the premium package.

Tiggaman
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37s

I haven't replaced the speakers, but the rattle issues seems to be a common thing with a few 2011+ M37/M56 owners....

Have a look at this thread: post6401220.html?hilit=Rattle#p6401220

The dealer added some padding/insulation in the doors which seem to fix the issue at first but some rattles have returned. The padding fixed about 95% of the issue, and I've just learned to live with the 5% now. Very frustrating and I hope Infiniti issues a recall/permanent fix soon! a 50K+ car shouldn't have issues like this!

esaydam
Premium Package
Lighted Kickplates

Thanks Tiggaman. I did see this thread and a couple others discussing the rattle. I actually saw one where someone claimed that he isolated the rattle to the small removable plastic piece behind the door handle. Haven't tried it yet but he suggested you just apply 2 or 3 layers of duct tape to the back so it's not plastic resting against plastic.

Anyway, the reason for my thread was that I wanted to replace the speakers and there are almost no specs on the factory ones in there. History says it's probably a 2ohm shallow mount 6x9 speaker that I need. Shining a flash light in there looks like it's a 6x9 but no way to tell without removing the door panel. I think I'm going to remove the panel and measure the depth that door panel allows for. Besides the impedence, that's my primary concern, that whatever upgraded speaker I use can fit in the factory bracket and inside the door panel correctly. If anyone has some info on these speakers or a recommendation for a replacement, that would be very helpful.

esaydam
Premium Package
Lighted Kickplates

Anyone swap out their speakers in their M37 or M56?

DeanM45
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport 1 or 2 mods

Fronts are definitely 6X9. Don't know about the resistance. When you pull the speaker out, stick a VOM on it and measure the resistance. Bose, which these are, are usually 2 ohm.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”