Replacement bulbs for headlights G35

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
randallmnt
Car: 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Ok I have a 2005 G35 sedan, and I was wondering if it's possible to get the same color bulbs for the yellowish headlights in the middle as the whiter ones on the top. (believe they are called xenon). As you can tell I don't know all the terminology and am not much of a car person, but I like the look of the brighter bulbs. If anyone can direct me in the right direction it would be much appreciated, thanks.

13_SkylineSedan
Car: 2x 2013 G37 sedan 2WD-7AT (his and hers)

Yeah, the xenon appears to be a bright white but your high beams and fog lights (lower bulb in the headlamp) are two-filiment halogen bulbs called HB2 (or maybe 9004/H4 - check the writing at the bottom of your headlamp).

It looks like there are now companies who make bi-filiment xenon replacements for that bulb but it would need to be a good match for the HB2 so that the filaments reflect properly out of the headlamp. I don't know how these retrofit bulbs work, whether or not they need external ballasts, whether heat or power drain is an issue, or if they're even legal... Maybe somebody else here can tell you more?

You might also look into a different color-temperature Halogen. I can't remember what our xenons are, maybe 4300k? Simplest thing would be to search for a high-temp halogen.

wrightdog26
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 sedan

randallmnt wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:26 am
Ok I have a 2005 G35 sedan, and I was wondering if it's possible to get the same color bulbs for the yellowish headlights in the middle as the whiter ones on the top. (believe they are called xenon). As you can tell I don't know all the terminology and am not much of a car person, but I like the look of the brighter bulbs. If anyone can direct me in the right direction it would be much appreciated, thanks.
Wondering what was the answer. Took mine out for the first time on a spirited drive and noticed my high beams don't extend very much past the regular lighting from the low beams let alone a different color. I'd like both my lights to be white let alone my high beams match that of a prius(read theirs are very good) or something close.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”