Replaced leaking shock on 1991 President, how to bleed the system?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
solleke
Car: 1991 Nissan President

So my 1991 Nissan President with the actsus system had a leaking shock absorber.
I had the shock rebuilt, but now the acsus light is permanently on.
Also when I start the car the suspension goes up and down, like it is trying to find its correct height.

I think its obvious the system just needs to be bled?
The mechanic who put back the shock absorber did not know how to bleed the system.
I am completely new to Nissan / Infinity and tried to search this forum, but a lot of topics are outdated.

Does someone know how I can bleed the system and where the bleeding nipples are?
And is there some kind of order I need to bleed it, and should all wheels be from the ground?

The fluid needed, is it regular hydraulic fluid?

Thanks!

solleke
Car: 1991 Nissan President

Infinitiguy19, you sent me a private message but I cannot reply you as the forum won't allow me to send private messages for some bizarre reason?

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Did you grab the service manual from infinitiservicemanual.com?

1995Q45a
Car: 1995 Q45a 49k Silver Amethyst, Taupe/Gray

solleke wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:06 pm
So my 1991 Nissan President with the actsus system had a leaking shock absorber.
I had the shock rebuilt, but now the actsus light is permanently on.
Also when I start the car the suspension goes up and down, like it is trying to find its correct height.

I think its obvious the system just needs to be bled?
The mechanic who put back the shock absorber did not know how to bleed the system.
I am completely new to Nissan / Infinity and tried to search this forum, but a lot of topics are outdated.

Does someone know how I can bleed the system and where the bleeding nipples are?
And is there some kind of order I need to bleed it, and should all wheels be from the ground?

The fluid needed, is it regular hydraulic fluid?

Thanks!
The fluid is Nissan Active Suspension Fluid E290162U01. There are some threads here from Texasoil about the proper fluid and acceptable substitutes like Mercedes. Who rebuilt your Actuator (strut)? The Service Manual has the step by step instructions. There are bleeder valves at each Actuator and if I remember correctly it follows the same pattern as bleeding the brakes. Right rear, left rear, right front, left front. I remember it being easy because I had to bleed the system after replacing my power steering pump.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”