Replace power seat switch 2012 Murano

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
ksprangers
Car: 2012 Nissan Murano SE

Hey all,
I need to replace the power seat switch on my 2012 Murano. It has leather seats with the plastic piece around the bottom of it. Does anyone know how to remove the plastic without breaking it so I can get at the switch and replace it? Thanks!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If I recall correctly there should be a pair of phillips screws holding the front valance onto the seat, one on either side underneath the bottom edge. They may be clips and not screws, I'm not sure. Once the valance is removed the side panel just pulls free. The metal pawls that hold the front portion of the panel in place usually stay in the seat frame, but don't leave them there. Pinch and pull them, then put them back on the plastic posts before reinstalling the cover, otherwise you'll probably bend and damage the plastic posts. The knobs on the switch just pop loose and there are two phillips holding the switch in. Take the screws loose before attempting to remove the electrical connector (or use a small hook tool, the connector's release tab will be on the wrong side).

Return to “Murano Forum”