Replace light bulb G35 clock

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Davem
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35

The light bulb in my 2003 G35 sedan is very dim after 75,000 miles and 41/2 yrs. Cluster dimmer is bright. Infiniti quoted $90 - $100 to replace it. Is there a manual pdf that details the procedure? Are there any brighter bulbs available? Thanks

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

hmm...probably gonna move this to the G section for you, I'd imagine you'll get an answer quicker.

perhaps someone offers an led bulb for this?

it doesn't sound like too hard of a fix, the bulbs apparently don't last too long to begine with...just a matter of cracking open the dash.

the 100 bucks or so of labor you're paying can be saved by probably taking less than an hour and doing it yourself...now, we've just gotta get you someone that's capable of telling you how to crack her open

infinititech1

its quite easy... i use plastic trim tools so i don't scratch anything but if u dont' have those you need 2 flat head screwdrivers and a couple of shop towels...wrap the end of the screwdrivers with the towels to keep from scratchin ****...slide one of the flatheads between the clock trim and the dash and pry up...stick the other one right beside the first one and pry up with both of them at the same time and it should pop somewhat out of place. do the same thing on the right side of the clock and it should pop mostly out of place...at this time you should be able to pull the whole trim around the clock off...disconnect the led security light harness and remove 2 phillips head screws holding in clock. disconnect clock connector. take a small flat head and turn the two bulbs to the left and they will come out...installation reverse of removal

Davem
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35

Thanks for your reply on the G35 clock removal and lamp replacement. FINALLY got some garage time and discovered that I do not understand the instructions.. Mine is a 2003 sedan. The bezel sides of the clock are smooth and stright with no lip to slide a tool under. Do you mean to pry on the side of the clock, or the entire time / HVAC / compass? There is a molded circle around the silver trim circling the clock, but it is a solid molded piece. Thanks again for the advice.

initiald711
Car: black s14,black eg9,black ef hatch

he is talking about the plastic trim piece that covers the clock and display above it.the clock itself is screwed in.

JDH335

Hello Dave -- I have the same problem with my '03 G35 clock bulb. The dealership told me that the entire clock would have to be replaced at a cost of $280 (which seems ridiculous given that the clock still works, just doesn't illuminate).

Were you successful in fixing yours?

If so, could you please let me know what kind of replacement bulbs I should use (and where you got them)?

Thanks,Jeremy

infinititech1

just buy the bulbs at the dealership...don't think u can get those bulbs anywhere else

JDH335

The guy at the dealership said my only option was to replace the entire clock (said "it's all one component" and gave me an estimate that included $50 for estimated labor and $225 for the new clock).

The dashboard clock is keeping time correctly, but it does not illuminate. Am I correct that it is your understanding that the light within the clock is replaceable (without having to replace the entire clock itself)?

Thanks in advance - the help is much appreciated.

infinititech1

yes there are 2 bulbs which can be replaced...i did it many times

g35sedanlover
Car: 03 Infiniti G35 Sedan

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ow...5.htm

Still looking for a place to buy the bulbs online...
Modified by g35sedanlover at 11:05 AM 3/18/2007

JDH335

Perfect! Thank you guys very much!!

naskomentata
Car: 2003 g35 sedAN

thetomato52
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 sedan

I have replaced the clock bulbs on my 2003 Infiniti several times. Takes about 10 minutes. I have some extra bulbs I can sell them to you for $1 each, plus shipping. Anyone who is interested can contact me.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”