Replace front bumper with qx4 bumper

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
White-Mike
Car: 2002 Pathfinder

My front bumper (as well as a couple other things) got a little messed up after an off road experiance last summer. I have finally fixed everything else and I want to replace the bumper because its scratched and my fog lights are hanging lose. I like the look of the QX4 bumper especially the fog lights. First; are the two cars compatable in the front end and second can I easily wire the QX4 fog lights into my pathfinders without too much dificulty. Do diagrams of this procedure exist. I have the other manuals but can't find anything on body mod's.Oh-yeah, 2002 (I think 2002-1/2) LE

KoukiS14
Car: 2005 G35x - Lakeshore Slate / Stone

Welcome to NICO!!I believe you can, but since you wouldn't have the fender flares, side steps, or anything else I don't think it would look right. The flares are meant to fit with that bumper, and you'll have bulges on the bumper that are just flat on the top.

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

^^ what he said the flares stick out more and the bumper is widened to fit the QX4 flares but do it anyways, if it dont fit just get QX4 flares

vq35
Car: 2001 path se manual

i have pondered and am in pursuit of a qx4 wreck to replace my 01 se front and rear bmpr with the qx4 - about the flares, i think from observation, the 99 and older models have flares that should fit the qx4 bumpers - (i have the 99 flares from an le painted blk) but have yet to secure the f/r bmprs - i think that even if it doesnt fit perfectly, with minor mods it can be made to work (the resulting look is/would be very different tho) - i am determined to accomplish this feat within the next month or so (worse case scenario i will just buy the f/r bmprs from the dealer (about 1k unpainted) good luck with your quest and post some pix if i dont post first

timmack
Car: 2002 Beige Pathfinder SE

check with a body shop if you are stuck buying them new, i got rear ended a few weeks ago and they had to replace the rear bumper and he got it for $250 new and unpainted. just keep in mind they might throw some more profit on that if you are not having any work done there.

OB2002QX4
Car: 2002 infiniti QX4

Greetings. My 2002 QX4 needs a rear bumper reinforcement bar. It doesn’t have to look pretty. I plan on ditching the plastic cover. I am hoping that a pathfinder part will Be easy to find And match bolt holes.
Any experience with sourcing this part and interchangeability?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If you go to InfinitiPartsDeal. com and enter your VIN, you can pull up the original part number on your vehicle plus any supersessions. Then go to NissanPartsDeal.com and paste the p/n(s) in without entering a vehicle. If it's a good Nissan p/n, it will show you at the bottom of the page which Nissan MY's it crosses to.

Mike W.
Car: 2003 Infiniti QX4 with a drinking problem. Gas and oil.
2002 BMW 525it
1998 BMW 328is

VStar650CL wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:51 pm
If you go to InfinitiPartsDeal. com and enter your VIN, you can pull up the original part number on your vehicle plus any supersessions. Then go to NissanPartsDeal.com and paste the p/n(s) in without entering a vehicle. If it's a good Nissan p/n, it will show you at the bottom of the page which Nissan MY's it crosses to.
Granted I haven't needed it, but I've been looking for a cross reference for a couple of years.

Back to the OP, the R50s have no front bumper! True they have a bumper cover, but only a piece of sheet metal to hold it up, not for any impact or even nudging purpose like one might need with a 4WD truck.

Zymol75
Car: R50 Pathfinder Q swapped

I'm really surprised this was never finalized as a topic. Or maybe it was and it's somewhere else.

Anyways, I did do this conversion. The front bumper requires the flares and fenders. Rebar is different too. The fenders require the signals and headlamps, which require the grill, which requires the hood. The lines to the QX4 parts are all different than the Pathy lines..The headlamp and fog lamp bulbs are different and the wiring pig-tales have to be cut and re-pliced onto the new vehicle.

Here's the fun part. the front flares do not line up or anchor to the body at the front door leading edge.. So you are in need of the Q's rocker panels to anchor/install the flares securely. The other half to that fun is the rear flares are then required and are the only ones you will find that match or remotely resemble the front Q flares. ...aaaand then you need the rear bumper to match them as it is totally diff shape than the Pathy cover. The tail lamps are better looking on the Q and so the best solution is to just have and entire donor car and grab the entire front clip panels and all the body kit parts.

All told its about $14k dollars(in 2009 when I did my conversion) in parts. used parts. I got lucky. I did mine when I worked at a dealer who took in a Q under the 'cash for clunkers' event. and my svc mgr let me swap the entire 2 cars at my leisure.. I just had to put(hang) all the Pathy parts loosely onto the trashed Q car headed for the shredder.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”