Replace Bose sub-woofer?

The web's first forum dedicated to Nissan's groundbreaking electric car, the Nissan Leaf.
gwashburn
Car: 2016 Nissan Leaf SL

I have a 2016 Leaf SL with the Bose stereo system. The little Bose sub-woofer behind the back seat is a joke. I've never thought I'd see a 3" sub-woofer. I can't find any specs anywhere on the factory Bose sub woofer. I'd like to replace it with a decent aftermarket sub-woofer and amp. There are only two wires running to this factory Bose sub-woofer. Are these wires simple speaker wires that I'd connect to an aftermarket amp as speaker level inputs? I figure that since there are no power lines going to this Bose sub woofer, the two wires must be speaker wires. Anyone have any info on this at all?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Rogue One wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:32 pm
From the Bose website:
Q. Can I get a list of technical specifications?
A. No, because our custom-engineered, complete system solutions largely supersede conventional audio measurements. Even some basic building blocks have been redefined—including amplifiers, speakers and equalizers. But most importantly, our integrated systems deliver results significantly different from those of conventional systems with individual, unmatched components. With a Bose automotive sound system, the location and design of the speakers can be much more important factors in determining output than a wattage power rating. The bottom line? The best way to test a Bose system's sound quality is to use your ears, not a list of specifications.

Hmm, Smoke and mirrors comes to mind. :bs:
You'll play hell trying to get any aftermarket stuff to work with the Bose system. Besides replacing the sub, you'll need to replace the amp as well.

gwashburn
Car: 2016 Nissan Leaf SL

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to splice into the rear speaker wires and connect speaker level inputs to my new amp. I'll just completely remove the Bose sub-woofer.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Sounds like a plan. Keep us updated! :dblthumb:

Return to “Leaf Forum”