replace av unit on JX35

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
batwill
Car: 1997 Infiniti Q45
2011 Infiniti M37

I have had some issues with my Bluetooth in my JX. When ever using the hands free talking on the car the person I am speaking with can always hear me but the sound from the person comes and goes (mostly goes). I have taken it to the dealer and they have not been able to detect what is wrong. I decided to try and replace the audio receiver to try and see if that is the problem since all the Bluetooth stuff seems to be tied to that. I purchased a unit from eBay. I have installed it and everything works except for the sound. Any Idea why that is? How might I resolve that? I also purchased the mic from eBay to give that a try? Any other ideas suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

How much did you spend on the stuff from eBay? Is there a possibility of return?

The reason I say this is...you may be better off getting a GROM Audio VLINE VL2 and using it's BT phone connection/microphone and just remove the Infiniti one from the equation.

batwill
Car: 1997 Infiniti Q45
2011 Infiniti M37

I did return it. I had seen that but I was worried it just used the same Infiniti bluetooth and mic components. Does it have it's own microphone and bluetooth components?

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

batwill wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:03 am
I did return it. I had seen that but I was worried it just used the same Infiniti bluetooth and mic components. Does it have it's own microphone and bluetooth components?
Yes, it is completely standalone as far as all of that operation.

Here is my review of the system on my '11 M56x. I had purchased one for my wife but she decided she would rather use her phone for navigation, etc.

Initial review: https://youtu.be/vEobPNjhCn0

1 year of use review: https://youtu.be/pP8Hz6PmiVU

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”