Repair Question/Estimate

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
BBG

Hi, everyone. New to the forum here and am hoping to get some insight from fellow Versa drivers on some paint repair work, shown in the pictures.

My front bumper has a series of scratches on the righthand corner, after an unfortunate encounter with a parking lot column. (Full disclosure, I got distracted by a pretty gal, hence my brain's inability to negotiate the parking spot I had driven in and out of hundreds of times before.)

Another problem spot is in the centre of the front bumper, where what started as a small paint chip got enlarged by a power washer.

Finally, thanks to a clumsy attempt at removing an Ikea box, the trunk sill has a scrape that needs fixing.

I have very little experience with car repair, so I wondered if anyone might have any insight into either the difficulty of fixing issues like this yourself, or what you reckon a repair shop might charge for it.

I will likely be looking to sell my beloved Versa (2008 SL) later on in the year, so I'm just starting to consider how I can make her as spiffy as possible for her next lucky companion. :)

Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
BBG

txchamps
Car: 2015 Versa Note SV, 2023 Kia Rio S

If you have no experience with doing touch-up repair work, you don't want to attempt a diy. You have a couple of options:

You can buy new bumper covers from a number of places "primed and ready to paint", and then get a quote on having them painted to match your color. I have seen prices of backs for about $100 or so, and fronts for about $130. (http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/niss ... cover,1344).
I'm guessing you can find a guy who does this kind of work, and you can save money by supplying him wth the paint, which I'm sure is available from these folks: http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch- ... 008/versa/. Yours looks like A20 Code Red. My guess for the work would be around $800. But you may get lower quotes.

Or you can go to a body shop and have them give you an estimate, but I would say that it doesn't look "touch-upable". They would sand, prime, and repaint. They will charge more than the "guy".

Or you can go the youtube route and attempt a diy. You're a braver man than me if you do. But you will save a bundle, no doubt. If you do it, do it all the way -- sand, prime repaint. Touch ups never look right, especially on those bumper covers.

Good luck!

Return to “Versa General Chat”