Removing Window Regulator

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
holyghost
Car: 1993 Nissan 300zx N/A Slicktop

Hi All,

Recently, my window fell down into my driver side door. After taking it apart, I can see that the window is separated from the regulator lower track (the two white wheels in the track broke off). The regulator seems bent as well, so I'm deciding to replace the entire thing.

One issue I'm having is actually removing the regulator from the door. Removing the speaker there is a hole to access it, however, once its loose inside the door, I haven't found a way to remove it as its too large to fit through any openings in the door. I thought about removing the motor, but the screws that hold it on are not easily accessible. Anyone have previous experience removing a window regulator?

Thanks!

holyghost
Car: 1993 Nissan 300zx N/A Slicktop

Managed to get it out! I took the glass out, then it required a very specific rotation in the hole where the speaker goes. Working in the door is quite annoying :mad:

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

Working on the Z32 is quite a PITA until you accept it as an inevitability, then it becomes fun trying to figure out new and exciting ways to do things and trying to beat the FSM.

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

Working on the Z32 is quite a PITA until you accept it as an inevitability, then it becomes fun trying to figure out new and exciting ways to do things and trying to beat the FSM.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”