REMOVING THE ORANGE STRIP FROM STOCK DASH GAUGES

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
Mattv609
Car: 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE V6 Azure Blue

LongBeachCoupe wrote:SurmanM custom dash!

PHENOMenalVinyl
Car: 08 altima coupe 2.5 mt

srwong wrote:
cheaper yes, but your screens will still be orange, with surman the screens can be changed too, and u dont have to worry about f***ing up the needles..
agreed but i didnt wanna have to bother surman w/ it plus i have no money lol. I mean ur right if he does it hell do it all but just wait a lil i may be doing all that too i just have been working these past few days ill prob do the rest of the dash n radio on friday

If you want to change it to red u just paint over the bulbs bc there orange it works fine i didnt scrape any orange off

mcsniper703
Car: 2009 Altima Base Black

PhEnoM78 wrote:
srwong wrote:
cheaper yes, but your screens will still be orange, with surman the screens can be changed too, and u dont have to worry about f***ing up the needles..
agreed but i didnt wanna have to bother surman w/ it plus i have no money lol. I mean ur right if he does it hell do it all but just wait a lil i may be doing all that too i just have been working these past few days ill prob do the rest of the dash n radio on friday

If you want to change it to red u just paint over the bulbs bc there orange it works fine i didnt scrape any orange off
did you reset the rpm needle yet? how do you slide out the gauge frame away from needles?

mcsniper703

ja105ny wrote:no problem... hmmm. do i get a custom title?
nicely done! how do you apply the paint? just from the bottle of the tip that come out to applying on gauge or you use paint brush?

mcsniper703

just finished mine. this is fun project but pain in the a** lol.

Blackmobile
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S Super Black

very nice, did you have any problems with the needles? and what did you use to remove the orange?

mcsniper703

Blackmobile wrote:very nice, did you have any problems with the needles? and what did you use to remove the orange?
no problem with the needle. would need to lift the needle carefully as you lift the gauge ring frame, the tricky part lift the frame and move it to left so the needle won't get in the way because it facing left. when you done with moving to the left, lift carefully to remove out of black stick knob (brightness knob). To remove orange paint, I used blade knife called X-Acto™ Precision Knife which found in Jo ann store or Staple. Hope that answer your question.

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

05 altima

attempted this mod and now speedo needle stays at 15mph all the time.

Any ideas / advice??

Thanks in advance

huyhale1
Car: nisssan

fueler wrote:05 altima

attempted this mod and now speedo needle stays at 15mph all the time.

Any ideas / advice??

Thanks in advance
Time for new one ,sorry .Is your look any things like my sig ?

KilLer_KenZz
Car: '09 A/C 2.5S

I just did this to my gauges last night. I scratched a bit of the black off in a section or two, but it's barely noticeable. I'll post a picture later when I go outside and take one. It's cold out there :frown:

KilLer_KenZz
Car: '09 A/C 2.5S

DuMbNuTzZ4
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima

Blue rings and green notches :)

fenderpicks
Car: 2010 NIssan Altima 2.5s

Oh god how the hell do u take the cluster off T_T?
(Yes i did look at the above pics and instruction, im just a dummie)

Moh27

does anyone still have the pictures from ja105ny's instructions? the pictures from his post are all broken.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”