Removing cylinders head off '05 Murano

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
jayotero
Car: 05 murano se fwd

Hey, I was looking for info to see if anyone has done work or removed the cylinders head off a Murano specifically 05. The service manual said I would need to remove the whole engine from the car. I just wanted to know if the heads could be removed without actually removing the engine assembly.

The reason is, I think the valve seals are worn and I want to change them. When I start the car a lot of whitish with a hint of blue (I think...can't really tell, looks white) smoke comes from the exhaust for about 2 seconds. I've checked the coolant and all is fine, so I know that's not leaking into the engine, and the oil is normal not milking, not mix with coolant, but oil is being burned. I've checked where I always park, no oil on floor, and I recently checked the spark plug wells had oil. The third one was filled with a good amount, and when I removed it the plugs where black. Could be just old but not sure if, when I removed the plugs, if oil spilled in and wet the plug when I took it out....so...I need help!
Last edited by Rogue One on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: REVISED TITLE

Return to “Murano Forum”