Remove rear springs on 5th gen Altima sedan

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
Vtmcleod

I searched and found topics on removing rear shocks but nothing on the springs. I have taken out the 2 top bolts and removed the shock. I have tried removing the 2 lower bolts below the caliper and disk and and it does not drop far enough down to release the rear spring. I removed the sway bar link to allow the lower spring mount to drop further and still nothing. The only thing I have not tried are the 2 large bolts on the inside that hold the spring base. These bolts have washers with markings on them. Anyone have any ideas before I decide to pay someone? The front was super easy this time when usually the rear is the easiest.
Thanks for the help

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Pay someone, after all that? :)

The rear suspension member comes out... You're using the FSM instruction yes? This one should work (you don't share your cars year for some reason): http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... Altima/RSU

pages 9 and 10...

Hmm, lot's or the comes apart to get to the springs. Maybe you would like to pay someone.

Vtmcleod

i had my buddy do it at his garage - labor for a mechanic on this one was 5 hours - took him 7. Thanks for the service manual though

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”