Remove power outlet from center console Nissan Rogue 2017

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
mm49061
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

I am trying to remove the power outlet from the center console of my 2017 Nissan Rogue to replace it with a dual port USB. I have pulled the cup holders up so I have access to the inside but I cannot see how it comes out. MY wife's Subaru had two clips you pinched and then it slide out and my Tundra just had a key way to line up and slide out. I've looked with a mirror and searched online and cannot figure this out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

second gen nissan rogue center console removal
About 990,000 results (0.70 seconds)

Nissan Rogue Service Manual: Center console assembly

mm49061

Thank you. I have that diagram but it doesn't really explain how to remove the power outlrt. I do not want to remove the whole console.

zukabaker
Car: 2019 Rogue SV AWD

POWER SOCKET

Removal and Installation

FRONT POWER SOCKET

Removal

Remove cluster lid C. Refer to IP-21, "Removal and Installation".
Release the pawls on the power socket and remove from the cluster lid C.

Installation

Installation is in the reverse order of removal.

CONSOLE POWER SOCKET

Removal

Remove center console assembly. Refer to IP-18, "Removal and Installation".
Release the pawls on the console power socket and remove from the center console.

Installation

Installation is in the reverse order of removal.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

mm49061 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:14 am
Thank you. I have that diagram but it doesn't really explain how to remove the power outlrt. I do not want to remove the whole console.
Are you familiar with the saying that you have to break some eggs if you want to make an omelette? Design engineers don't keep shade tree mechanics in mind when drawing up plans. Basically that means that you may well need to remove more than you'd like to, because that's how the car was put together. I know it sucks, but sometimes it seems like the folks at Nissan go out of their way to make simple things harder than they should be (the Rogue cabin filter is a prime example of this).

mm49061

So I figured it out. I used my Depstech endoscope camera ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MY ... UTF8&psc=1 ) to get a closer look and there is a tab on each side that holds the power outlet in. I tried using screwdrivers and plastic pry tools but could not get it out. I ended up taking a zip tie, wrapped it around the outlet at the top and pulled it tight. I pushed from the bottom and it popped out. So now I'll order the dual USB outlet.

Return to “Rogue Forum”