Remove Headunit: restore ac/fan 2nd display

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
jjcuff1

I am ready to sell the car because of all the bad Bluetooth and sound issues i have with my headunit and lack of being able to fix it. Multiple threads I have addressed the sound issue. I finally have it working where it sounds like good but no decent sound stage just loud, treble and bass but not great. The stock bose of course is the worse stereo I ever heard. Now at least I no longer have the clipping or random speakers cutting out. But the bluetooth calls I had to give up on. Sound volume has to be on 10 and then i have 50% chance feedback will kill the call. and the attempts at iphone integration are useless. The Nav works great. The other features are all non critical, the TPMS sensors no longer work after multiple repairs.

Only thing I use every day is the FAN and AC display. If I could get those through the CAN or the OBD2 port and a second display? I would consider just putting a pioneer or alpine with nav and i would have the things I need with suburb sound. Minus TPMS and FAN controls. I could easily get a Bluetooth KIWI led display for $150 and mount so I have the fuel mileage and all other stuff somewhere. but anyone see a unit that can read the fan and AC temp outputs?

TheMajesticKing
Car: '11 M56S Aero

did you try going into the hidden menu and turning up the bluetooth volume?

Also, as far as the sound quality and lack equalization, I agree. However, I use the Poweramp app, which has 10-band equalizer and it works perfectly! I just use bluetooth audio streaming.

jjcuff1

Yes I adjusted the settings in the config menus. No avial. It is definitely a blown radio headunit not the amp even. My sound randomly cuts out in random speakers all the time. This phasing is causing the listener to hear there voice along with mine. It is so frustrating. I just ordered a Jabra Speaker unit for my visor for $60 and it has built in bluetooth fm transmitter. I will bypass the whole bluetooth and aux inputs from isimple they all suck.

I wish metraonline made a radio adapter that allows me to see the AC TEMP and Fan position. Then I would just remove and replace the headunit.

What I do not like about the EQ apps I have seen is they require you to play through them. Normally the interface is lacking and I cannot control form the control center. Also it will not see all iradio or icloud stuff so they are very limited.

I would love an EQ app that is global. Like in settings that will allow me to make a custom EQ that I can enable when I use itunes music player and done! the stock itunes eq are horrible. all sound like mud and cut the volume down like 40%

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”