Remove 2016 Rogue Tie Jack

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
elric
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV FWD

I was looking for a Recovery Hook [Tow Hook] in my Tool Kit. Not there, although the bag looked unused.

The tire jack would not budge. Grr. Stepped back and re-read the Owner's Manual... One small but very important step on Page 6-6 [page 361 physical]
Remove_Jack.jpg
Remove_Jack.jpg (24.09 KiB) Viewed 1769 times
5. Remove the jack by turning the spindle "C" counterclockwise, relieving the pressure on the jack.

This is the God's truth. I twisted the jack spindle and collapsed the jack to the narrowest width. Pull up out of the supports, when clear, tip the spindle towards the center of the vehicle. Pull up and out.

Re-stowing is the reverse, collapse the jack all the way, slip it into the supports [remember, spindle up], then turn the spindle and expand the jack until it is firm in the supports. Put the bag against the jack then re-hook the black rubber retainer.

FWIW, I contorted myself a bit reaching inside the cavity and feeling around for a tow hook. Nope. At least I haven't heard any clunking or rattling uner my floor in back...

Lone Wolff
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 5.4L
2010 Ford Fusion SEL

Not sure if you bought your Rogue New or Used, but our tow hook was in the glove box when we purchased it new from the dealer. Not sure if it was ever designed to go anywhere else for long term storage or not.

Return to “Rogue Forum”