Removal of driver's seat (2015)

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
johnnybeerotten
Car: 2015 Rogue SL

I have noticed that our power driver's seat is rocking slightly fore and aft. It seems like it would be at the points where the seat base connects to the power lift system. I would like to remove the seat to diagnose and repair the issue. I understand that there is an air bag connection under the seat and, of course, I do not want to inadvertently trip the air bag. I found an online manual showing the removal of the steering wheel air bag and it advised to remove both battery terminals and wait at least 3 minutes before proceeding with the removal. Can someone verify that this is all that I have to do to facilitate disabling and disconnecting the air bag system to allow for the removal of the front seat.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If there's a side airbag connector under the seat it will be yellow-colored. It isn't necessary to disconnect the battery, but make sure the ignition is off and remove the key from the car so you won't inadvertently cycle the ignition. Discharge any static from yourself by touching a good ground like the door jamb before handling the connector (that applies during reconnection as well). Disconnecting the airbag and other connectors should be the last operation on the way out and first on the way in, since you'll want to make sure the tracks and lift are in a good working position before lifting the seat free. That usually means more-or-less centered in both lift and slide, with the seat back tilted forward and the headrest removed.

Return to “Rogue Forum”