Remote Tuning?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
1MeanM
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z

Whats up yall?

This is my first post on here. Recently got an 06 Infiniti M35x and Im loving it. I wanted to get an UpRev tune from a local shop but they said it was going to cost at least 1k. Thats way too expensive for me and I was wondering if anyone here knows how to do it or knows someone who does? Thanks in advance!

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Contact Seymore4 on here (Joe). He's remote tuned half this community probably, including my old '07 M35x and my current '11 M56x. I'm in NY, he's in WA I believe.

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

Not to thread hijack, but will be selling an UpRev cable that I don't have any use for anymore since I sold my M37.
I never got around to tuning the car, so it was never married to my car's ECU - I was just using it with my tablet PC to log some 0-60 times, logging, etc.

I have personally emailed and asked Joe Waldal, (Seymore4) a bunch of questions and he was very helpful - he can tune you but will need some logs/info first to help guide him.

Craig

1MeanM

Ilya wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:14 am
Contact Seymore4 on here (Joe). He's remote tuned half this community probably, including my old '07 M35x and my current '11 M56x. I'm in NY, he's in WA I believe.
Ok great thanks! Im in NY too, Ill send him a message soon and let you know how it goes.

1MeanM

pedsemdoc wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:33 am
Not to thread hijack, but will be selling an UpRev cable that I don't have any use for anymore since I sold my M37.
I never got around to tuning the car, so it was never married to my car's ECU - I was just using it with my tablet PC to log some 0-60 times, logging, etc.

I have personally emailed and asked Joe Waldal, (Seymore4) a bunch of questions and he was very helpful - he can tune you but will need some logs/info first to help guide him.

Craig
No worries about the thread hijacking lol, how much are you selling the UpRev Cable for? Also, Im assuming with that cable I cab get logs/info to help him out? Thanks! Sorry for the possibly stupid questions, new to the car community.

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

1MeanM wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:27 pm
how much are you selling the UpRev Cable for?
Not sure yet - but it will be reasonable, because don't really have a use for it any more, unless my neighbor who has an Infiniti wants to buy it.
No stupid questions - I didn't really understand the whole UpRev thing either in the beginning.

Yes, with the cable (you plug it into the OBD2 port in your car - driver side LEFT panel) hook to the USB port on a windows laptop and run Osiris (name of the program that let's you log) and you can start logging info.

If you bought it from me, I can send you the Osiris program and all the documentation I was able to get off the internet regarding how it's supposed to work.

Craig

1MeanM

pedsemdoc wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:58 pm
1MeanM wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:27 pm
how much are you selling the UpRev Cable for?
Not sure yet - but it will be reasonable, because don't really have a use for it any more, unless my neighbor who has an Infiniti wants to buy it.
No stupid questions - I didn't really understand the whole UpRev thing either in the beginning.

Yes, with the cable (you plug it into the OBD2 port in your car - driver side LEFT panel) hook to the USB port on a windows laptop and run Osiris (name of the program that let's you log) and you can start logging info.

If you bought it from me, I can send you the Osiris program and all the documentation I was able to get off the internet regarding how it's supposed to work.

Craig
Awesome! Thanks i appreciate it! Let me know when you are gonna sell it or if you end up selling it to your neighbor.

droolingmonkey
Car: Fuga 450GT (M45)

How remote is remote? Possible to do this internationally? (NZ here)

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

droolingmonkey wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:54 pm
Yep. Shouldn't be an issue. He has you log data from UpRev to a file, you send him the file, he does his voodoo and send you back a map file and you flash your ECU with it. You could do it if you lived on Mars lol.

droolingmonkey
Car: Fuga 450GT (M45)

Ilya wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:43 am
droolingmonkey wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:54 pm
Yep. Shouldn't be an issue. He has you log data from UpRev to a file, you send him the file, he does his voodoo and send you back a map file and you flash your ECU with it. You could do it if you lived on Mars lol.
Awesome, thanks!

Now to find someone in NZ with an UpRev cable - any kiwis out there?

Ilya

You'll need to buy your own so you might as well just go to UpRev.com...

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”