remote starter ?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

is there any way I can install remote starter without voiding warranty ? I paid $ 2000 for extended warranty for 6 years and I don’t want to throw that money away and I heave prem. package with Intel. keys so many places don’t even want to touch it for some reason and also I want install flip down TV for my kid and as far as I know that voids electrical warranty too so I was thinking to bring wire to ac plug underneath the hand rest ?

HGS
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD / '97 BMW 328ic

The remote starter won't work unless an intellikey, or the chip it carries, is in the car which also will make it possible for anyone who walks up to the car to unlock it.

The rearward visibility in this car is already poor and putting a drop down display on the ceiling seems like a bad idea. Why don't you get the display that mounts on the headrest or seatback ? That would also be much easier to wire into the plug in the console.

shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

HGS wrote:The remote starter won't work unless an intellikey, or the chip it carries, is in the car which also will make it possible for anyone who walks up to the car to unlock it.

The rearward visibility in this car is already poor and putting a drop down display on the ceiling seems like a bad idea. Why don't you get the display that mounts on the headrest or seatback ? That would also be much easier to wire into the plug in the console.
I don’t care about visibility I drive big truck for living and I don’t heave rearview mirror in there and I don’t think this car has bad visibility mirror is too big which makes you think its bad visibility ) about headrest monitors I heave one but I am just tired to remove them every day I don’t want anyone to brake in my car for monitor .

SpankingClean
Car: 2002 Lexus GS300 Sport Design

NOT TRUE!!!! I have done SEVERAL Rogues for the Dealership. 1 it does NOT void your warranty and 2 there is NO NEED for a key or chip to be left in the car. You need to buy the CanSl2 for Fortin. FOLLOW the instructions carefully. You will need to get at the cars BCM which is located HIGH behind the glove box. Also you will need to do a relay configuration at the fuse box under the hood to bypass the neutral safety ONLY WHEN THE RS is active. And one last thing the key WILL NOT turn when the remote starter is engaged. Not sure why this happens but you need to turn the RS off then it will release with the intellikey in the car. Hope all of this info helps. Good luck with the installation. If you dont want to do it yourself a good price is $400-$500 so take it to a professional NOT A BACKYARD INSTALLER!!!

BLPet
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I had a RS installed in my car a week after I bought the car. Can start car and warm it up. Nissan told my installer that w/ the Intellekey gadget, you can do one of two things! 1: disarm the intellekey (car will start w/o key in vehicle) and ignition tumbler will move to the on position OR 2: use the RS, once inside vehicle hit the brake pedal or use the remote to kill the engine, then restart the car like normal.

I obviously took option 2! But I have found that if I use the RS and get in my car to drive, I have to wait about 1 second before I retry to turn the car over... if not, the green light on the dash won't turn to green, but stay red... not really a problem!

SpankingClean
Car: 2002 Lexus GS300 Sport Design

You are correct about all.... That is how it is.At least for now I am 10000% sure that this winter will bringnew toys to the table...

Bacon
Car: 02 Spec v

no intelakey in my rogue. i bought the xk07 bypass for the car and will be gettin a viper 5900 installed. as long as its installed by a certified installer, the warranty wont be voided.

gbrackett

SpankingClean,

I took my 2008 Rogue to bestbuy to install a viper 5900. They used the XKO7 bypass because I have the intelekey. I fought with the thing for 6 weeks (it never worked). I just took it back to bestbuy yesterday & had them remove the unit. Nice guys, they just couldn't figure out how to do the remote start on the Rogue. I came across your blog last night, printed it out & took it to bestbuy for the guys to read. They don't know what this CanSl2 for Fortin is. If you don't mind, they would like to speak to you on the installation for the Rogue. They have questions, & you seem pretty knowledgeable.

Thanks,Gwen

philipa_240sx

Here is the direct link to Fortin's website and the CAN-SL2:

http://ifar.ca/en/products/fla...-sl2/

Return to “Rogue Forum”