Remote Starter for M45

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
ptm03m45x

Is there any one here who would know of a remote starter sytem for the M45. I called the dealer and they of course said "oh thats aftermarket". So I went to a aftermarket place and they said we cant do it due to the laser in the key and it cannot get verification to start due to internal security. Now I saw 3 M45's on ebay with remote starters, so I know it can be done.Any advice on what remote starter unit to use and how I can to do this?

Thanks,Pete

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

"Laser in the Key"?

There is no laser in the key that I can tell. Probably an RFID type of mechanism instead! Although I still do not know if a remote start is installable. You might want to call the Infiniti service rep folks and ask them.

Z

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Check with DEI on the net or a retailer. The installer will make all the difference.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

DEI is definitely a place to look! Their latest GPS tracking system units (one version of which is called the "Viper GPS Tracking System") is based on my company's technology and network! Here is a reference:

http://www.directed.com/security/viper/gps.asp

This new item includes remote start, door unlock, engine disable, speed detection and reporting (for when your teenager gets the car!), etc., etc., etc.

However, I still do not know if the M45 has some special issue with the new remote/key that is on the car (this "key" is pretty cool, by the way!) And, I am not sure that a even good DEI dealer would know enough about this yet ...

Z

zfixxer

the m45 equiped with ivms. the key has a chip and the vehicle has a transponder. when the correct key is used the trasponder will then send a signal to the e.c.m. an incorrect key will lock you out and the vehicle will not start even with the corrct key. the dealer will have to reprogram all keys. also there is the factory waranty to think about. a failed componint caused from an aftermarket unit could become customer pay.

Simmsled
Car: TSI GTI - E46 325i

Car audio moderator here...

To be able to do this, the installer must have the wiring diagram to tap into the system's electrical system. The millenium transfunctioner laser satellite high definition super mega blah blah blah key security mumbo jumbo can be bypassed. There is always a lead to the security system that can be altered. You just have to find a good shop that does high-end installs. This install is not for the meak. DEI does make a remote starter that should work.

!!HOWEVER!! you will have to carry 2 remotes (factory and remote start) when you are all done. PLUS... you may lose some of the functions of your factory remote. AND you may lose some of your security abilities/functions.

Overall... if you go to an installer that knows whats up, he should be able to point you in the right path. Best Buy and places like that are not recommended. Most car audio guru guys that do really innovative stuff like this hate working for conglomerate shops. It is sorta degrating. Thats one reason why you have never seen a best-buy/circuit city install on MTV's Cribs. Good luck!

SIDVICIOUS
Car: GOLF, NEW SON,

along the same line but different, the dealer wanted $400.00 to install the Sirius.XM Satellite radio system for my m45 and I passed on it. But now I would like to get the system but still don't want to pay $400.00. My reasoning would be that it's prewired and should be less. I've done a forum search for info for the system but have not found anything specific. Maybe someone has gotten it for their Q45 which I believe is the same system. Anyone know??????

dezm45

Ahhh, speaking of the satellite radio -- I was wondering how to go about 'turning it on' as well .. there has to be a way to do it, other than paying the $400 or so that the dealer wants ...

Anyone have this done, after they already got the car ???

SIDVICIOUS

DEZM45 I looked at the sirius web site and various retailers sell the radio system for $150.00 to $250.00 and the transponder for like $50.00. I don't think we would need the radio just the transponer. I got a list of retailers in my area and I'll give them a call to see what they know. I also have the toll free number for sirious 1-888-539-7477 and I'll give their tech dept a call to find out. Hopefully we can get it for maybe $50.00 plus install

dezm45

Sid .. sounds good ! I was actually looking to get XM instead .. I dunno -- which one is better ???

Let me know what you find out -- I'm sure we have the radio part covered .. we just need the transponder thingie, I guess .. kinda like the new TL's have on their back roof, I guess ...

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

As far as the Sat. radio - I'd call Joe at Infiniti of Scottsdale. If it's just a matter of buying a part, he'll find out and sell it to you at our club discounted price! His number is on the site at http://www.infinitipartsusa.com

Heath

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Simmsled wrote:To be able to do this, the installer must have the wiring diagram to tap into the system's electrical system.

The wiring diagram (as well as the entire service manual) is available for $20 at http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/infiniti with the one day viewing subscription. You can download it as a .pdf and take it to your installer. Might work as a good "weeder" for the installer too - if he doesn't have a laptop or isn't computer literate enough to use a service manual on a CD ROM, he doesn't need to be working on an M45!

My guess is that you could add just the remote start option (DEI makes this, or at least used to) and maybe use the "panic" button on the factory remote to control it. You'd loose the "panic" feature, but you'd avoid having multiple remotes... I have my Viper 550ESP working in conjunction with the factory alarm. Took me a week or two to get everything the way I wanted it, but it's great. Of course we're talking about flashlights vs. lasers in the comparison of a 1990Q and a 2003M as far as the electrical complexity, so the install will definately be different!

Heath

SIDVICIOUS

I called Sirius and they say all you need is the turner and antena. But I have seen where they say that the turner/ant has to be the same mfg. as the radio which in my case would be Bose. I was also told by Infinitipartsusa.com Phenix, that if your m45 has the last six digits of the VIN below 005899 your car is not prewired. Above that number and it is prewired. mine is 00529? so i would need the wire at about $85.00. The trunk mount turner/antena go for $300.00 via phoenix. So for me it would run $385.00 excluding installation. Sounds like I should have had the dealer install...2 mths fee & no activation. I still not certain about the turner/radio matching requirement but will try to find out.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”