Remote Start Issue

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
A1218
Car: 1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE

I installed a Viper two way remote start system on my 97 pathfinder (176k miles) last December. Everything works fine except when remote starting and using the key takeover feature, after a while of driving the vehicle would simply shut down with absolutely no warning. It would restart again with no problem.

Once or twice it would happen a minute after driving. I would remote start, then open door and turn key to on position and then drive. This issue started the next day after having the remote start installed. When I did not use the key takeover feature and manually restarted vehicle, I never encounter this problem.

I have take it back to installation place several times and they say it is installed correctly and could not find issue. They are saying it is the vehicle and have never seen this issue. I have also taken it to another remote start shop and they checked it out, again finding no issues.

Right now I have the key takeover disabled and no issues. Has anyone encountered this issue or have any ideas?

I have a new distributor, maf sensor, TPS sensor, plugs and leads. All original Nissan parts.

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

This is not necessarily a Nissan Pathfinder specific problem but there may be features of the Viper system that are not compatible with Nissan's system. Check with Viper's tech support, search online for other tech support and users of the Viper system with the same or similar issue, or simply remove the Viper system from your Pathfinder.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”